The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Should the niqab be banned in the UK?

Scroll to see replies

Same way society allows women to be free to wear bikinis to the beach, let them cover up if they want to be ever-so-slighlty more modest. humble and perhaps even plain.

#Can'tHaveFreeChoiceIfYouBanAChoice :biggrin:

Attachment not found
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by ClearSky
Some Muslims believe that it is required. Some don't, but say it is highly recommended.

I mean, you would hate it if someone took something important to you away, wouldn't you hun? :smile:

the government already does but some things we have to live with.

dont call me hun.

Original post by 999tigger
You said it was a secuirty risk, when it clearly is not.
Why do you think you have the right to tell other people what to wear?

i think it is. i oppose all public face coverings.
nothing, but the OP asked a question and answered with my opinion, have you got a problem with that?
Original post by Meany Pie
nobody should be allowed to cover their face in public.

what about motorcyclists? Or when it's cold and you wrap a scarf around your face?

p.s. don't start the BS about security, in airports and secure areas,women lift their niqabs for identification. Also, it's usually men that cover their faces when they're out burgaling, etc.
Yet to hear of a Pakistani niqabi Muslim woman breaking into a bank. :redface:
Reply 23
lets play silly buggers.

they can, within reason.

I think you are being harsh really, anything can be used in a bad way by someone. People will use something else to cover themselves if not the niqab. Fact of the matter is evil people will do evil things and banning a religious veil wont stop that and it will only harm the innocent people who want to freely practice their religion. I'd also like to clarify i'm an atheist so no bias from me.
Original post by Nuba123
what about motorcyclists? Or when it's cold and you wrap a scarf around your face?

p.s. don't start the BS about security, in airports and secure areas,women lift their niqabs for identification. Also, it's usually men that cover their faces when they're out burgaling, etc.
Yet to hear of a Pakistani niqabi Muslim woman breaking into a bank. :redface:

well you don't often see people walking around town wearing a full face helmet and they have to remove it when they enter a bank or other secure place.

i have said all i have to say, read back if you want to know more.
it is a security risk and not in keeping with our culture.

Q5WjDwy.jpg
the government already does but some things we have to live with.

dont call me hun.

i think it is. i oppose all public face coverings.
nothing, but the OP asked a question and answered with my opinion, have you got a problem with that?

But you have no evidence. You have an opinion which says you have the right to ban other people wearing what they want but cant explain it in any rational manner.

Show me some data which says its considered o be an actual security risk by the police.
Original post by Zeus007
I think you are being harsh really, anything can be used in a bad way by someone. People will use something else to cover themselves if not the niqab. Fact of the matter is evil people will do evil things and banning a religious veil wont stop that and it will only harm the innocent people who want to freely practice their religion. I'd also like to clarify i'm an atheist so no bias from me.

i am against all face coverings.
Reply 28
well you don't often see people walking around town wearing a full face helmet and they have to remove it when they enter a bank or other secure place.

I always see people wearing hoodies and bandanas at night up to no good, are we going to ban them both as well? You're making yourself look silly here.
Reply 29
France did this sh*t the muslim community wasn't happy plus anyway if u want to stay in power u appease the majority not the minority.

But what if it's cold and you wrap a scarf around your face - I've seen plenty of non-Muslims do this during winter, should we really have a gov. policy telling you that you can't have a piece of material on your face, (that can be removed for identification reasons)
Original post by Zeus007
I always see people wearing hoodies and bandanas at night up to no good, are we going to ban them both as well? You're making yourself look silly here.

which part of all face coverings wasn't clear to you?
Reply 32

Some people take religion seriously and its their way of life you just need to respect that. If someone chooses to cover themselves and commit a crime they will do it ANYWAYS without the niqab or with it this is the point im trying to make.
Reply 33

Which part of "evil people will do evil things no matter what" dont you understand? No matter what they use to cover themselves the crime will be done.
Original post by 999tigger
But you have no evidence. You have an opinion which says you have the right to ban other people wearing what they want but cant explain it in any rational manner.

Show me some data which says its considered o be an actual security risk by the police.

Original post by Zeus007

Guys respect her 'culture' :giggle:

Reply 35

GFY, ur a hypocrite that profile picture shows deceiving/face covering as the women is tryna hide her hair n look like a cat.
Original post by Zeus007
Which part of "evil people will do evil things no matter what" dont you understand? No matter what they use to cover themselves the crime will be done.

exactly, if a robber wears a tutu to hide his weapons - would tutus be banned?

does make up count?
Original post by S.olk
Isn't part of British culture to be tolerant and accepting of every way of life?

I want £200 from you every month. You cant say no because that would be intolerant and that is not our culture. Thx
Original post by Nuba123
exactly, if a robber wears a tutu to hide his weapons - would tutus be banned?

#Ban tutus
#Securityrisk

Latest

Trending

Trending