The Student Room Group

Ocr s1 2017 (non mei) (post exam)

How'd everyone find the exam, i thought it was very easy tbh.
Reply 1
same definitely the easiest paper I've done
Pleased it was very easy, particularly after the tougher core papers
Anyone made a unnoficial markscheme yet?
It was pretty standard... q6)iii) was confusing though.
Reply 5
it was better than the other papers that's for sure. is there an unofficial mark scheme yet?
Reply 6
anyone got the answer for the 6iii one? the spearman one?
Original post by wowiew
anyone got the answer for the 6iii one? the spearman one?

1/30 i got
Original post by haarithiop
1/30 i got

I did :smile:
Original post by haarithiop
1/30 i got

Same :smile:
People have been trying to make an unofficial mark scheme here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kBo6vUE387uzkocAITkt3tFZAhEKSjvRL6Vy5IFD9vk/edit#heading=h.tagcp2gqmmlm

It's pretty much finished but obviously we don't know for sure if it's all right.
for 7i i left the answer of the sum of w^2 in exact form not 3sf as we needed it for later results. Do you think I'll lose a mark? Also for the last question 9ii I did 10C5 x 0.2^5 x 0.8^5 and got 0.2646 did anyone else??
Original post by Amrit599
for 7i i left the answer of the sum of w^2 in exact form not 3sf as we needed it for later results. Do you think I'll lose a mark? Also for the last question 9ii I did 10C5 x 0.2^5 x 0.8^5 and got 0.2646 did anyone else??

you won't lose a mark for exact form
Reply 13
for 6 iii i multiplied by 2 to get 1/15 because there are 2 judges so the same can happen again the other way around, i dont get why this is wrong can someone please explain??
(edited 6 years ago)
If I figured out mean and standard deviation of the x values instead of the x and w values do you think I'll lose all marks?
Original post by Luca715
for 6 iii i multiplied by 2 to get 1/15 because there are 2 judges so the same can happen again the other way around, i dont get why this is wrong can someone please explain??

Hi for that questions the probability of all 5 ranks matching is 1/5 * 1/4 * 1/3* 1/2
which is 1/120 however either judge can get this so *2 1/60

The same applies for the other judge = 1/120 however there are two judge so either one of them so 1/120 * 2 = 1/60

then 1/60 + 1/60 = 2/60 = 1/30 thats how i got that answer of 1/30
Reply 16
I got 1/75 for 6iii because I got (4!x2!x4)/(5!x5!)
(edited 6 years ago)
If I changed p with the number I calculated after (0.7) will I be penalized?

Quick Reply

Latest