The Student Room Group

Modern day feminism is sexist

Scroll to see replies

Original post by GUT456
Both sides need to be addressed. Women should treat men fairly and men should treat women fairly. Makes sense to me.

Otherwise it is a bit like saying we should punish lots of random people for something one person has done in another country.

"Not to mention the % of men who insult/harass women is far higher than the other way round." - Men do not insult/harass women more.

Yes they do.

But then again I already pegged you as a misogynist from the very start. Not surprising you kid yourself such.
Original post by yudothis
Are we? Or is it people so full of ignorance and hate that are pathetic?

Yea, it's those people. You know them well. You are one of them.

You seem like you have a fair bit of your own ignorance and hate.

Because little manlets like you exist and are scared?

Whats that point in this really? He could be a victim of sexual assault for all you know.
Original post by the beer
You seem like you have a fair bit of your own ignorance and hate.

Whats that point in this really? He could be a victim of sexual assault for all you know.

Meeting ignorance and hate can only done by being strong. So if you want to say I have hate for people like that, fine. Countries have gone to war, not just hated, to defend others from hate.

I might be too, what's your point?
Folks, gentle reminder to keep things civil.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Urgh, such an awful poster.

Because I present arguments that people like you have no response to?

Because I'm always right?
Original post by Twinpeaks
Because I present arguments that people like you have no response to?

Because I'm always right?

Nope, keep trying, we might get there eventually.
Nope, keep trying, we might get there eventually.

I've yet to see you address any arguments I made?

So I highly doubt you'll get there at all, never mind eventually.
I've yet to see you address any arguments I made?

Quite right, it's the posts with no arguments in I took issue with.

So I highly doubt you'll get there at all, never mind eventually.

Ok, suit yourself. Shame though, you at least seem genuine unlike
yudothis.
(edited 6 years ago)
Quite right, it's the posts with no arguments in I took issue with.

Ok, suit yourself. Shame though, you at least seem genuine unlike
yudothis.

Where I explicitly stated I intended to directly reply to those arguments later that day, which I then did?
Why would you take issue with that?
Where I explicitly stated I intended to directly reply to those arguments later that day, which I then did?
Why would you take issue with that?

OK, let's take a look at what i quoted.

Looking forward to slaughtering you when I get home later.

What do you feel this achieves?
OK, let's take a look at what i quoted.

What do you feel this achieves?

Satisfaction on my behalf?

I love how you ignore the actual arguments I presented, because you have absolutely no counter argument, you know I'm correct but you're too weak minded to consider that possibility.

It takes a lot of mental strength to comprehend a counter-ideological argument, and to be ready to agree with it.
It's much easier to disregard it and stay happy in your ignorance.

I just see it as weakness. I really do.
Satisfaction on my behalf?

Why do you need that? Seems extremely weak to me.

I love how you ignore the actual arguments I presented, because you have absolutely no counter argument, you know I'm correct but you're too weak minded to consider that possibility.

It takes a lot of mental strength to comprehend a counter-ideological argument, and to be ready to agree with it.
It's much easier to disregard it and stay happy in your ignorance.

I just see it as weakness. I really do.

I haven't read your arguments, your attitude put me off.

You seem to be making some odd assumptions btw, check out my avatar,
Why do you need that? Seems extremely weak to me.

I haven't read your arguments, your attitude put me off.

You seem to be making some odd assumptions btw, check out my avatar,

You have read my argument, you just have no counter. Instead you'd rather waste time with petty, tit for tat conversation.
Yes they do.

But then again I already pegged you as a misogynist from the very start. Not surprising you kid yourself such.

You can't refute anti feminist arguments so you resort to ad hominem attacks, you know deep that feminism is an abhorrent movement.
Feminism is a misandrist and disgraceful movement, the sooner it is gotten rid of the better.
Yes they do.

Many feminists are demanding 'equal rights' in relation to men without acknowledging the benefits they have which men do not. For example, how many times have you seen a woman file a false rape claim against a man, and worse still, win? Now what about the other way around? If women truly believed in equal rights, I'm sure they'd have no problem being given a gun and told to go fight in the front lines of Afghanistan.

Not to mention the % of men who insult/harass women is far higher than the other way round.

Just because the % is higher doesn't mean an issue is not present on both sides and can not be solved by addressing it as a whole. In fact, fighting against harassment as a whole wouldn't leave a single side feeling inevitably victimised. If 60% of murders were committed by men whilst 40% by women and you felt murder was an issue, you wouldn't exclusively address men without looking at the bigger picture.
Original post by Kool_blaze
You can't refute anti feminist arguments so you resort to ad hominem attacks, you know deep that feminism is an abhorrent movement.

You have no arguments. All you have is "feminism is abhorrent baaaahaaaa :cry:"
Original post by rugbycricket
Many feminists are demanding 'equal rights' in relation to men without acknowledging the benefits they have which men do not. For example, how many times have you seen a woman file a false rape claim against a man, and worse still, win? Now what about the other way around? If women truly believed in equal rights, I'm sure they'd have no problem being given a gun and told to go fight in the front lines of Afghanistan.

Just because the % is higher doesn't mean an issue is not present on both sides and can not be solved by addressing it as a whole. In fact, fighting against harassment as a whole wouldn't leave a single side feeling inevitably victimised. If 60% of murders were committed by men whilst 40% by women and you felt murder was an issue, you wouldn't exclusively address men without looking at the bigger picture.

How many times does a woman report a rape without it leading to a conviction?

How many times is a woman raped but fails to report it?

Do you hand on heart believe that the rate of false rape convictions exceeds the rate of genuine rape cases?

Twisted perspective, dangerous mindset. I'm sure mummy is very proud of her little boy.
(edited 6 years ago)
How many times does a woman report a rape without it leading to a conviction?

Hardly ever unless the alleged rape is along the lines of "he looked at me sexually". When a police officer is presented with a woman who claims a man raped her and a man who claims a woman raped him, which person's claim is taken more seriously?

How many times is a woman raped but fails to report it?

And what exactly is stopping her from reporting it?

Do you hand on heart believe that the rate of false rape convictions exceeds the rate of genuine rape cases?

No, but when we have a culture where almost nothing is done about false rape accusations, how are we able to distinguish them from genuine cases? You're implying that more 'genuine' cases are when women are the victims and I'm merely saying that that belief can be exploited by those who do make false accusations. These people are themselves undermining and ironically preventing real victims from seeking justice.
Original post by rugbycricket
Hardly ever unless the alleged rape is along the lines of "he looked at me sexually". When a police officer is presented with a woman who claims a man raped her and a man who claims a woman raped him, which person's claim is taken more seriously?

And what exactly is stopping her from reporting it?

No, but when we have a culture where almost nothing is done about false rape accusations, how are we able to distinguish them from genuine cases? You're implying that more 'genuine' cases are when women are the victims and I'm merely saying that that belief can be exploited by those who do make false accusations. These people are themselves undermining and ironically preventing real victims from seeking justice.

You have no idea about how the law functions.

If you knew anything at all, is that it is near impossible for a rape claim to lead to a conviction if considerable time has passed, due to an inability to obtain sufficient evidence.

You're plucking these random thoughts from your naive little brain, and are taking them as fact.
How very idiotic.

You tell me, what you think possibly prevents a rape victim from coming forward? Put that little brain of yours to use, and think how a person might be feeling after being raped, and why they wouldn't want to go through the stress of filing a report. Come on little brain, try!

In fact you alluded to one of several answers yourself in your last paragraph.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending