The Student Room Group

History and Ancient History Applicants 2018

Scroll to see replies

University choices: Oxford,LSE,UCL,QMUL and Nottingham
What subject(s) are currently studying?: A2 Geography,History & Government&Politics +EPQ
Predicted A2 grades:AAA A(EPQ)
AS grades:AAAB (B in English Langlit)
GCSE grades: 1A* 4As 6Bs
Why History? Can't imagine myself studying any other subject at university. I immensely enjoy History and I am looking forward to the long reading lists :biggrin:

Rejected by Oxford, and have offers from the remaining unis
Original post by SuperHuman98
University choices: Oxford,LSE,UCL,QMUL and Nottingham
What subject(s) are currently studying?: A2 Geography,History & Government&Politics +EPQ
Predicted A2 grades:AAA A(EPQ)
AS grades:AAAB (B in English Langlit)
GCSE grades: 1A* 4As 6Bs
Why History? Can't imagine myself studying any other subject at university. I immensely enjoy History and I am looking forward to the long reading lists :biggrin:

Rejected by Oxford, and have offers from the remaining unis

I love the LSE History course, kinda regret not applying to it :redface: It's v competitive so congrats for offer!! Which are you firming btw?
Original post by Demesne7
I love the LSE History course, kinda regret not applying to it :redface: It's v competitive so congrats for offer!! Which are you firming btw?

I don't like the LSE course as much:colondollar:. I am going to firm UCL because I like it's course much more than LSE but im not going to officialy firm till March/April as I might change my mind
I don't like the LSE course as much:colondollar:. I am going to firm UCL because I like it's course much more than LSE but im not going to officialy firm till March/April as I might change my mind

yeah it's definitely not for everyone, unless you're really into international relations in the modern period! ucl has much more variety and lets you explore other stuff tbh

theyre both excellent history schools so itll be great regardless :biggrin:
yeah it's definitely not for everyone, unless you're really into international relations in the modern period! ucl has much more variety and lets you explore other stuff tbh

theyre both excellent history schools so itll be great regardless :biggrin:

It's difficult because everyone tells me that turning down LSE is crazy :frown:. While I do like international modern, I really like my Medieval History, and history like Tudors,Eng Civ war, American Civ War that I wont be able to do in LSE

Where did you apply to? :smile:
It's difficult because everyone tells me that turning down LSE is crazy :frown:. While I do like international modern, I really like my Medieval History, and history like Tudors,Eng Civ war, American Civ War that I wont be able to do in LSE

Where did you apply to? :smile:

ooooh deffo go for ucl if you like your medieval! i mean yeah, youll be turning down lse, but its ucl so it isnt like far off in terms of rep???:biggrin:

camb, ucl, kings, warwick, queen m! firming camb and insuring ucl. my camb offer is too difficult for me tho :frown: so might end up in ucl myself :P
It's difficult because everyone tells me that turning down LSE is crazy :frown:
Don't give in to any pressure regarding this.:nah: I know what it's like to turn down a very high-ranked university for a course you prefer, it's worth it.:wink:
ooooh deffo go for ucl if you like your medieval! i mean yeah, youll be turning down lse, but its ucl so it isnt like far off in terms of rep???:biggrin:

camb, ucl, kings, warwick, queen m! firming camb and insuring ucl. my camb offer is too difficult for me tho :frown: so might end up in ucl myself :P

Wow well done! I am sure you can get the firm grades and you have a really strong insurance anyway :smile:
Original post by 04MR17
Don't give in to any pressure regarding this.:nah: I know what it's like to turn down a very high-ranked university for a course you prefer, it's worth it.:wink:

Apparently, lots of people in my school get UCL through adjustment and in the last 15-20years only 2 people have gone LSE :redface: (more have gone Oxbridge wtf xD).

But I think I am certain that UCL is da way to go
Apparently, lots of people in my school get UCL through adjustment and in the last 15-20years only 2 people have gone LSE :redface: (more have gone Oxbridge wtf xD).

But I think I am certain that UCL is da way to go
Not showing off and don't want to go into lots of detail but I rejected Cambridge last year, despite quite a few people advising me against it. Not regretted the decision at all.:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending