The Student Room Group

359 ums after remark

Hi,

I was on 357 UMS for physics (AQA) and got a remark on two of my units and got 359 UMS. I cannot remark my Unit 3 as I got 100 on that unit and my ISA was low (due to our teacher marking whole class down heavily).

What are my options? Appealing as I think I could get 1 more mark on the first paper though?!?!

Cheers
Reply 1
Remark it then. I would
Reply 2
Original post by SGHD26716
Remark it then. I would

I got Unit 1 and Unit 2 remarked BOTH!

I was originally on 357 UMS but I got 1 mark on each paper. (Bringing up to 359 UMS)

Apparently ISAs can't be marked?

Can I go for an appeal with Unit 1?
Reply 3
Original post by James2138
I got Unit 1 and Unit 2 remarked BOTH!

I was originally on 357 UMS but I got 1 mark on each paper. (Bringing up to 359 UMS)

Apparently ISAs can't be marked?

Can I go for an appeal with Unit 1?

Unlucky mate 😂

You can appeal if you want
Reply 4
Anymore input is appreciated guys!!

Kinda desperate!

I am gonna talk to my exam officer tommorow but I wanna see what you guys think of an appeal?
Reply 5
Original post by SGHD26716
Remark it then. I would

How can I appeal? Like, under what can I apply for an appeal though?
Reply 6
bump
How can I appeal? Like, under what can I apply for an appeal though?

I think you should just accept it. Your coursework would have been moderated by the exam board; it can be remarked but then the whole cohort has to be done and the school has to request it.
Reply 8
Original post by Muttley79
I think you should just accept it. Your coursework would have been moderated by the exam board; it can be remarked but then the whole cohort has to be done and the school has to request it.

I don't care about the ISA but I think I have done better in Unit 1. I got 42/60 but I think I did better than that. What are my options?
I don't care about the ISA but I think I have done better in Unit 1. I got 42/60 but I think I did better than that. What are my options?

Have you got a photocopy of the paper that your teacher can check?
Reply 10

yes
Reply 11

What can I do? I've got it checked and they said my marks can be even higher!
What can I do? I've got it checked and they said my marks can be even higher!

Will the school support an appeal? Look on the exam board website how to do this.
Reply 13
Will the school support an appeal? Look on the exam board website how to do this.

I am gonna talk with the exam officer tommorow,

sorry if I am bugging you, but how does an appeal work? For me, what circumstances can I put my paper up for appeal?
Reply 14
Anymore input is welcome guys!
I am gonna talk with the exam officer tommorow,

sorry if I am bugging you, but how does an appeal work? For me, what circumstances can I put my paper up for appeal?

You'll have to highlight where the examiner has under-marked you and not applied the mark scheme correctly. Input from a teacher for this would help.

Go through question by question.

Btw, it's probably been marked by someone senior so an appeal is unlikely to be successful.
Reply 16
BUMP...........
BUMP...........

You've had your question answered:

Either accept it, or see if your school will support an appeal. If they won't, you have to accept your result.
Reply 18
Original post by Jasaron
You've had your question answered:

Either accept it, or see if your school will support an appeal. If they won't, you have to accept your result.

ok, I'm gonna ask the school tommorow
Reply 19
Did you end up appealing then?

Quick Reply

Latest