The Student Room Group

Fifa 18

Who has got it and what is everyones thoughts about it. I think the graphics are better and career mode is great
Reply 1
Original post by Samboy3
Who has got it and what is everyones thoughts about it. I think the graphics are better and career mode is great

Was thinking of getting it but haven't yet.
Reply 2
Original post by UWS
Was thinking of getting it but haven't yet.

It's been getting some shoddy reviews on Amazon

-overpowered attackers
-weak defence
-worse fifa in 5 yrs

I'm kinda glad now that I sold mine without opening the packaging..

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Electronic-Arts-1034476-FIFA-PS4/dp/B072JZB85B/ref=sr_1_1_twi_gam_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1507211770&sr=1-1&keywords=fifa+18+ps4
I've been playing every fifa religiously since Fifa 10, and here's my comparison of Fifa 18 to Fifa 17:

- The graphics are better
- The gameplay mechanics are worse and less realistic. The dribbling seems more fake, but it was still relatively dodgy last year (but still better)
- Defending is a lot harder, but that's something you can get used to
- The whole theme of the game is IDENTICAL to Fifa 17, but all they did was change the colour
- Different music
- Still there's *****y EA servers
- You still enter Division 10 on Ultimate Team with a bronze squad and come up against a full gold team that's perfect.

In my opinion, Fifa 17 was better.

Overall, IT'S NOT WORTH FLIPPING £50, SAVE YOUR MONEY AND WAIT FOR THE PRICE TO DROP. It's like Apple, you're stuck in consumer spending so wait a bit for the price to drop.
I don't get how people can enjoy playing fifa
Original post by minertommy

Well, what do you play?

People enjoy football, so people buy a football game.

What's there not to understand, it's hardly rocket science:beard:
Original post by King Leonidas
People enjoy football, so people buy a football game.

What's there not to understand, it's hardly rocket science:beard:

you ever see those videos about people braking their consoles because of some "Bullsh*t" on fifa...
Original post by Ze Witcher
Well, what do you play?

pretty much all genres, i've played fifa before. but everytime i play with someone, they are the most annoying people ever (but only during the game)
you ever see those videos about people braking their consoles because of some "Bullsh*t" on fifa...

Yes, but that doesn't add any relevance to your inability to understand why people play FIFA.
Original post by King Leonidas
Yes, but that doesn't add any relevance to your inability to understand why people play FIFA.

good point, my bad
pretty much all genres, i've played fifa before. but everytime i play with someone, they are the most annoying people ever (but only during the game)

Pretty much what @King Leonidas said, it's pretty clear that if you like something like football in real life, why not play it as a game.

I don't think to myself about dancing games "oh I don't know why people play games like Just Dance" just because I don't like dancing..

If they like it, they like it.

If you can't understand how people enjoy playing FIFA then how could you possibly understand why people get angry over it?
If anyone is upgrading from FIFA 16 or prior, it's definitely worth it. If you're going from FIFA 17 then idk.

Quick Reply

Latest