Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone else? Why can't people see the show for what it is? I don't watch it and it's still ****ing everywhere. The show pixxxs me off. I watched it when it first started until I saw it for what it was. Money making machine and greedy Simon cowell getting more millions. Makes me sick.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fairangel)
    Does anyone else? Why can't people see the show for what it is? I don't watch it and it's still ****ing everywhere. The show pixxxs me off. I watched it when it first started until I saw it for what it was. Money making machine and greedy Simon cowell getting more millions. Makes me sick.
    Well said, mate. Well said.

Can't wait until they ax the bloody show.

ReputationRep:
    Well, the X Factor went downhill since 2012.

90% of the auditions they show are a joke anyway

ReputationRep:
    The six chair challenge is pathetic

Contestants being tossed about and treated like carbage for greed and amusement. Nobody remembers the ones from last year or before.

ReputationRep:
    It was worse in the late 00s when the winner was pretty much guaranteed number one @ Christmas.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Same with pretty much all reality TV shows tbh.

ReputationRep:
    I agree. It feels like the same thing every year - sob stories, scouted acts, scripted drama, controversy, "twists". Ratings have been falling for the past few years and winners are no longer guaranteed success. What happened to last year's winner? I think it should have ended years ago.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Moved to TV shows.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cheesecakelove)
    I agree. It feels like the same thing every year - sob stories, scouted acts, scripted drama, controversy, "twists". Ratings have been falling for the past few years and winners are no longer guaranteed success. What happened to last year's winner? I think it should have ended years ago.
    About half the winners stay relevant, the rest would just seemingly disappear off the face of the earth if it wasn't for social media.

ReputationRep:
    Me too, it’s lowest common denominator TV for the dumb.

Either that or it’s a national attempt at irony.

ReputationRep:
    It's not been the same since like 2012... Too much of a farce...

ReputationRep:
    British television is depressing.

The fact that stale shows such as The X Factor, Strictly Come Dancing, The Apprentice, and The Great British Bake Off continue to draw millions of viewers says a lot about the minds of the masses who religiously tune in.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fairangel)
    It's a crap music competition. It's no Chopin cup.

But I don't get so invested in the entertainment that others enjoy. Does it matter if others like the show?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kvothe the Arcane)
    It's a crap music competition. It's no Chopin cup.

But I don't get so invested in the entertainment that others enjoy. Does it matter if others like the show?
    Yes because it's destroying the music industry. The show will go on as long as people keep watching. It should just be axed.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.