The Student Room Group

I despise the X factor

Does anyone else? Why can't people see the show for what it is? I don't watch it and it's still ****ing everywhere. The show pixxxs me off. I watched it when it first started until I saw it for what it was. Money making machine and greedy Simon cowell getting more millions. Makes me sick.
Original post by fairangel
Does anyone else? Why can't people see the show for what it is? I don't watch it and it's still ****ing everywhere. The show pixxxs me off. I watched it when it first started until I saw it for what it was. Money making machine and greedy Simon cowell getting more millions. Makes me sick.

Well said, mate. Well said.

Can't wait until they ax the bloody show.
Reply 2
Well, the X Factor went downhill since 2012.

90% of the auditions they show are a joke anyway :biggrin:
Reply 3
The six chair challenge is pathetic

Contestants being tossed about and treated like carbage for greed and amusement. Nobody remembers the ones from last year or before.
It was worse in the late 00s when the winner was pretty much guaranteed number one @ Christmas.
Reply 5
Same with pretty much all reality TV shows tbh.
I agree. It feels like the same thing every year - sob stories, scouted acts, scripted drama, controversy, "twists". Ratings have been falling for the past few years and winners are no longer guaranteed success. What happened to last year's winner? I think it should have ended years ago.
Original post by cheesecakelove
I agree. It feels like the same thing every year - sob stories, scouted acts, scripted drama, controversy, "twists". Ratings have been falling for the past few years and winners are no longer guaranteed success. What happened to last year's winner? I think it should have ended years ago.

About half the winners stay relevant, the rest would just seemingly disappear off the face of the earth if it wasn't for social media.
Me too, it’s lowest common denominator TV for the dumb.

Either that or it’s a national attempt at irony.
It's not been the same since like 2012... Too much of a farce...
Original post by fairangel

It's a crap music competition. It's no Chopin cup.

But I don't get so invested in the entertainment that others enjoy. Does it matter if others like the show?
Reply 12
Original post by Kvothe the Arcane
It's a crap music competition. It's no Chopin cup.

But I don't get so invested in the entertainment that others enjoy. Does it matter if others like the show?

Yes because it's destroying the music industry. The show will go on as long as people keep watching. It should just be axed.

Quick Reply

Latest