The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Why are people NOT homophobic??

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Future-Barista
My argument is that people are willing to label themselves as proud homophobics due to lgbt promotion of equality, regardless of issues they face in other countries. Maybe if you were a bit more "insightful" you would understand that.

I don't even have a gaddam clue what you are talking about.
Original post by RoyalBeams
Very clear, darling.

Now highlight to me 2 things:

1) Any sane and knowledgeable person who thinks the Earth is flat or LGBT+ people are not people. What are they? ..............Pancakes?

2) How did you come to escapulate all people who don't agree with all LGBT issues as people who do not accept LGBT+ people as people?

You've been whinging about "The Gay Agendatm" - the closest there is to one is "we're people too, treat us like it". As such disagreement with "The Gay Agenda tm" is disagreement that gay people are people.
Original post by ChrisCarib97
I’m guessing you’re being sarcastic, I can’t tell xD

Yep.:wink:
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
You've been whinging about "The Gay Agendatm" - the closest there is to one is "we're people too, treat us like it". As such disagreement with "The Gay Agenda tm" is disagreement that gay people are people.

No, but by not affording LGBT people their basic human rights you're inadvertently saying they're somehow less of a person because you don't respect their rights as a person.
Just gonna put this out there, cba for an online argument or anything, but just thought I'd add this.
I can understand why you might not like the LGBT movement, as it can be a bit extreme and has the flaws of any political movement. I personally don't march, etc, and sometimes feel like the public image of LGBT community is far off from what we're actually like. There's this public image that we want everyone to be gay etc, when really it's just about being allowed to exist without stigma and trying not to be targeted because we deviate from the social norm.

However I don't see why you should dislike the LGBT community as most of us are normal people who live discreetly because it is dangerous for us to do otherwise. If you met me in person you'd probably not have a clue I was not straight. I rarely talk about my sexuality except when people ask me about it, or I'm in a gay space, like an LGBT social / gay bar etc. I'd say this goes the same for the majority of LGBT people (in my experience anyway). However, it's only the flamboyant and "militant" ones that capture people's attention because they stand out. The reality is, everyone I've met through LGBT events is indistinguishable from the average person you meet on the street, and are quite discreet. There are always a few people who stand out, but the majority of the community are normal people just trying to exist and get on with their lives.
So it's kind of like feminism - there are some things with the feminist movement that are flawed, but does that mean all women are militant man-haters? No, they're not. Maybe a few are, but mostly, no. All political movements have some level of flaw and so does the LGBT movement, but this is no reason to hate LGBT people as not all LGBT people are active contributors to the flaws of the LGBT movement. (If that makes sense?)
Please don't send me hate, I honestly cba to argue with you and I don't think I've said anything too inflammatory. I just thought there was a distinction to be made between LGBT movement and LGBT community.
Have a nice night guys, peace out xxx
Original post by Alex_Granger
No, but by not affording LGBT people their basic human rights you're inadvertently saying they're somehow less of a person because you don't respect their rights as a person.

Not sure why you've said no then agreed with my point tbh...

I like the way you conveniently ignore my questions challenging you off-tangent statements.:biggrin:

Your linking implication is utter nonsense!

No. Below is not the closest one to the Homosexual Agenda, it is THE ONE.

I will have to apologise to you because, frankly , I read the first line 2 lines and it was such total nonsense, I could not bring myself to read the rest because I was pretty much sure there would be little sense to extract out of them.

Let me correct your nonsense. The prevailing and extant position in the UK is:

"Some people are LGBT, if you don't support them and agree with them on EVERY issue, then you are homophobic, a bigot, intolerant, not living in the 21st century, backwards, ignorant etc. and you should not be allowed to hold a position of authority or your business should be fined/brought down".

You will see that right here on bloody TSR.

Please don't put such lying nonsense like that to me again.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 187

As said, the only agenda LGBTQ+ people have Royal, is to be accepted by society and not have people like you trying to keep them from having as much freedom to express themselves as you do. I don't think you understand how difficult it can be for many people to find acceptance with others when this sort of understanding of the community is being pushed.
Well, the priest on Strictly this year was a homosexual.

Just looked him up, you're right! :zomg: I honestly had no idea. Can't have been doing a very good job of forcing it down my throat, could he?
Original post by Texxers
Honestly, I don't see why people actually support the LGBT community. I don't see why it's so frowned upon for me to express my opinions on this issue. Just wanted to see what other TSR members thought of it..

And no I don't hide myself under Anon ever when it comes to controversial topics.

Simply because I respect personal choice.
Not actually what I said, but hey ho.

So what do you mean by "there are no arguments in opposition to LGBT issues"?
Original post by AngryJellyfish
Just looked him up, you're right! :zomg: I honestly had no idea. Can't have been doing a very good job of forcing it down my throat, could he?

I would have agreed with you if only you, the person not interested in TV that much, is the only person out of the 60m in the UK that watches TV.:colondollar:
I like the way you conveniently ignore my questions challenging you off-tangent statements.:biggrin:

Your linking implication is utter nonsense!

No. Below is not the closest one to the Homosexual Agenda, it is THE ONE.

Yeah, I responded to the only bit of your post that wasn't a hostage situation with some pages from the dictionary.

That's not the homosexual agenda, if you want it in that format it's: "some people are LGBT, you should accept them and not try to deny them basic human rights. If you don't do that you're a bit of a ****". Accept us and stop torturing us "for our own good" is hardly an unreasonable request like you seem to think.
Original post by Bio 7
As said, the only agenda LGBTQ+ people have Royal, is to be accepted by society and not have people like you trying to keep them from having as much freedom to express themselves as you do. I don't think you understand how difficult it can be for many people to find acceptance with others when this sort of understanding of the community is being pushed.

There are many people with different inclinations who want to be accepted by society too.

What you need to know is that acceptance is not by force or coerciveness in a free society, it should be via a free, reasoned and logical debate.

How "difficult" is an argument focused on feelings over facts.
Original post by Alex_Granger
I'd like to mention that equality isn't "everyone is treated the same", instead it's "everyone has the same opportunity without discrimination".

Yes, as you say same opportunity without discrimination. But what does that look like for a trans person? Would they say not being able to be in a specific category that they’d like in sports is discrimination? What would discrimination in sports towards trans people look like? And how can is be fair for all people? You can campaign for marriage equality or anything like that it isn’t affecting me or anyone else but when someone with an obvious upper hand in strength and agility...? Same opportunity without discrimination can become inequality for cis women and cis men if we don’t define things and place boundaries as to what is acceptable.
(edited 6 years ago)
So what do you mean by "there are no arguments in opposition to LGBT issues"?

Already explained this to you babes, being in disagreement doesn't mean you actually have an argument, argument implies something worth listening to.
tbh I don't really care because it doesn't affect anyone and they shouldn't be treated any different.They are human as well.
Original post by AngryJellyfish

Not a great priest then is he :ninja:
Yeah, I responded to the only bit of your post that wasn't a hostage situation with some pages from the dictionary.

Again, you point is lost and meaningless, darling. You will have to do better than this again.

That's not the homosexual agenda, if you want it in that format it's: "some people are LGBT, you should accept them and not try to deny them basic human rights. If you don't do that you're a bit of a ****". Accept us and stop torturing us "for our own good" is hardly an unreasonable request like you seem to think.

Oh! Accept by force otherwise face consequences like being kicked out of your education programme in Sheffield university for expressing your faith on Facebook?

Very reasonable, is it not?

Others call it Nazism and Fascism!
Yep.:wink:

Yeah and thanks for using sarcasm as a response, rather than a valid point on why homophobics will use "the gays are too much in my face" As a means of defending their views. Regardless of the fact that members of the LGBT are imprisoned, killed or forced therapy.

I mean, correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds like homophobics portray things as homosexuality in the media or someone saying "I'm gay" as something worse then being killed or imprisoned. .
(edited 6 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending