The Student Room Group

Nintendo switch

XD who would pick the switch?
Maybe if it dropped in price significantly and an actual Mario kart 9 was announced or a pokemon colosseum/gale of darkness follow up was announced

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Yeah, still think breath of the wild would be good though!
I have an iPad
kindle' s capability is so available in iPad
I don't like PS
I have an xb1
I have a PC
id like a switch
(edited 6 years ago)
I'd be over the moon if I had it tbh :/
Reply 6
I'd love it, it's another very innovative move by Nintendo. I love them for decisions like this.

I'd definitely pick the Switch over PS4 and XBOX One, maybe not over a PC though. PC Master Race
Reply 7
If it cost less and had more games then I would be looking into it. It's an interesting concept and it would e great to be able to play your console games on the go, even with reduced quality. There's just not enough meat on it's bones at the moment though, especially not to justify that price. And the controllers could do with being a bit more ergonomic (nobody want to be going straight up with their thumb- they just don't move that way), but that's what you can expect from Nintendo I guess. They're more about concept than comfort.
If it had something like a backwards compatibility with wii download games, a better online market of cheap or free to play games and a few more big titles then I could get behind it, even with the controller arrangement. But with so few games there's no long term pay off. Mario and zelda will get boring quick and then you're stuck with a fancy hunk of plastic.
I have one and I do agree the console is relatively expensive as well as the accessories but that's classic Nintendo. Its an amazing console and the ability to play whenever or wherever you want is actually pretty awesome. I haven't owned a console since my 360 in like 2013, I pretty much game exclusively on PC but that changed when I got my Switch. It had quite a slow start in terms of its game library but Breath of The Wild, Odyssey and Sonic Mania were absolutely incredible and I'm sure that in the coming year a lot more games are going to come out on top of the massive amounts of indie titles. I completely skipped over Skyrim and LA Noire so I'm looking forward to picking those two up in a couple days!
So yeah if you've got the money I'd highly recommend it.
Nintendo Switch is current my favourite console due to the versatility of it

Quick Reply

Latest