The Student Room Group

Hogwarts Legacy hype-train!

All aboard!

The long-awaited Harry Potter world RPG is almost here (release date: February 10th). Who's excited?

If you're planning on getting it, make sure you create an account here to choose your wand!

What house will you choose?

Will you be good or evil?

I've followed some of the game development videos over the last few months. I've avoided checking out videos from some YouTubers that are already playing... but it looks incredible!

Scroll to see replies

I'm devastated that I can't get it, the showcase gameplays are spectacular, Hogwarts has never looked so good. I don't have a PS5 nor do I plan to buy one for just one game. I just wish they could make the game for the switch. The issue I have is that I am a Slytherin for life but I hate how the common room is green, it makes it feel very cold and not cosy, whereas the Gryffindor common room looks like a dream. Maybe I would be a Slytherin but just hang out in Gryffindor all the time. What's your gameplay and house going to be?
I'm undecided if I'll buy at launch, because there are a few other PS5 games I'm interested in coming out in February, but it's one I definitely want to play. :biggrin:

Slytherin all the way. 🐍
Reply 3
Original post by Sorcerer of Old
I'm devastated that I can't get it, the showcase gameplays are spectacular, Hogwarts has never looked so good. I don't have a PS5 nor do I plan to buy one for just one game. I just wish they could make the game for the switch. The issue I have is that I am a Slytherin for life but I hate how the common room is green, it makes it feel very cold and not cosy, whereas the Gryffindor common room looks like a dream. Maybe I would be a Slytherin but just hang out in Gryffindor all the time. What's your gameplay and house going to be?

"Hogwarts Legacy will be released on Nintendo Switch on 25th July 2023, the developers have confirmed. This will be a few months after other versions of the game, with the game launching on PC and next-gen consoles in February and a PS4 and Xbox One release following in April.13 " - https://www.radiotimes.com/technology/gaming/hogwarts-legacy-switch/

That's a bit of wait, but it'll be worth it!

I'm joining Ravenclaw house! I'm going to remain good, despite preordering the deluxe edition. I think I'll create an evil character later on, though...
Reply 4
Original post by 1582
I'm undecided if I'll buy at launch, because there are a few other PS5 games I'm interested in coming out in February, but it's one I definitely want to play. :biggrin:

Slytherin all the way. 🐍

What other games are interesting you?

Hogwarts Legacy is top of my list, and to be honest, I haven't really been keeping an eye out on other releases
Original post by Barbu
"Hogwarts Legacy will be released on Nintendo Switch on 25th July 2023, the developers have confirmed. This will be a few months after other versions of the game, with the game launching on PC and next-gen consoles in February and a PS4 and Xbox One release following in April.13 " - https://www.radiotimes.com/technology/gaming/hogwarts-legacy-switch/

That's a bit of wait, but it'll be worth it!

OH MY GOD I had no idea they were making it on the switch, I just assumed they wouldn’t and didn’t even bother researching because I just thought there was 0 chance. Thanks, you’ve made my day! And it’s definitely worth the wait 🤤😍

I'm joining Ravenclaw house! I'm going to remain good, despite preordering the deluxe edition. I think I'll create an evil character later on, though...

Cool! Yeah, the fact that apparently there’s the possibility to use the unforgivable curses makes an evil character sooo tempting.
I’m really impressed by how much customisation there is for your avatar, down to your skin tone and voice pitch. Don’t know if that’s the norm nowadays for many games, because I’ve essentially only played Pokémon and Zelda in recent years where there is practically no avatar personalisation.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 7
Original post by Sorcerer of Old
OH MY GOD I had no idea they were making it on the switch, I just assumed they wouldn’t and didn’t even bother researching because I just thought there was 0 chance. Thanks, you’ve made my day! And it’s definitely worth the wait 🤤😍

Cool! Yeah, the fact that apparently there’s the possibility to use the unforgivable curses makes an evil character sooo tempting.

I believe that the reason why it's coming to the Switch later is, well, the Switch is a tiny product compared to PCs and next-gen. consoles. I'm sure you're over the moon that it will!
Original post by Barbu
I believe that the reason why it's coming to the Switch later is, well, the Switch is a tiny product compared to PCs and next-gen. consoles. I'm sure you're over the moon that it will!

Yeah no, of course. I just didn't think it was even a possibility so the fact they're actually doing it is amazing, even if it's 6 months later. God bless Avalanche.
My Dad and I utilise the PS5 gamesharing feature—allows you to legitimately share your digital games with another person's PS5 console—and he texted me on Saturday to let me know he'd bought the digital deluxe edition with 3-day early access. I've the game pre-installing just now and by luck I finish work by noon tomorrow. :biggrin:
(edited 1 year ago)
^ Wow, lucky you! Let us know your first impressions about it when you first play 👌🏻
I'M SO EXCITED :woo: :danceboy: will be a nice treat to play this weekend after my hospital appointment tomorrow :yep:

Is anyone else going to be playing on Xbox? Feel like most people are playing on PS5/PC :tongue:
Couldn't help myself but stay up until midnight and play for a bit before bed. I've played through the intro and been sorted in Slytherin. So far I'm really impressed. 🐍

Wish I could afford to stay up longer but it's almost 2am and I've a meeting in the morning. 🥱
Has anyone else picked this up yet?

I've just completed the main story after racking up a good 43hrs since Tuesday. :lol: Still have lots left to do though.
I am considering getting this when it's on sale. I'm not a huge Harry potter fan so it's not worth buying it right now but I absolutely love open world games and big creatures.
Reply 15
Original post by 1582
Has anyone else picked this up yet?

I've just completed the main story after racking up a good 43hrs since Tuesday. :lol: Still have lots left to do though.

I’m still pretty early into the game. Got through the first restricted section in the library and just learned expelliarmus.

I love Harry Potter but I’m a touch underwhelmed at the minute. I’m hoping that’s just because the tutorial is a bit of a drag?
Original post by Mess.
I’m still pretty early into the game. Got through the first restricted section in the library and just learned expelliarmus.

I love Harry Potter but I’m a touch underwhelmed at the minute. I’m hoping that’s just because the tutorial is a bit of a drag?

Honestly, the main story is extremely predictable. I didn't enjoy the first two trials (they shake things up with the third) and find the longer dungeons a bit tedious, but the world exploration and side quests are much more fun.
My game is downloading! :danceboy: :woo: :excited:
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 18
It's surpassed my expectations so far.

Exploration was always going to be a big deal for me, and the game developers have done an astonishing job. I particularly appreciate the random events I stumble upon every once and a while. The ghost interactions (including Peeves) are a very nice touch indeed. Plenty of nostalgia and Easter eggs knocking about, too.

Dueling can be a bit clunky at times, but luckily I've changed the settings and it's a lot smoother now on PC using a controller.

Nothing seems rushed or contrived either, like I might do a couple of main quests, and then focus on side questing for quite some time, or just aimlessly walking about.

Had a bit of frame rate issues early on, but they seem to have disappeared entirely.

It's a really, really good game.
(edited 1 year ago)
I'm yet to play this myself, but two of my friends beat it two times each in the past 12 days, and both are singing high praise!
Glad that at least one title deserved that No-Man-Sky-like IGN hype!
And it's coming to the Switch too?! Flawless victory haha

Quick Reply

Latest