The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

There are only two genders. End of.

Male and Female. Gender is biological.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jimbo98756
Male and Female. Gender is biological.

There is also transgender but of course, that depends on what they want to be known as.
Reply 2
Transgender isn’t a gender mate
Reply 3
Transgender exists but it's not it's own gender, it's when you are part of one gender and see yourself as the other.
Reply 4
Sex is biological, gender is not. In fairness, gender’s pretty pointless anyway... everyone just dress how you want & shag whoever, problem solved.
Reply 5
Gender is decided by whether you are a boy or a girl. You could have a penis and identify as a boy or a girl, but you cant have a penis and identify as 'gender neutral'. Everyone is either a man or a women. Only two genders, no more.
Reply 6
Original post by LRxS
Sex is biological, gender is not. In fairness, gender’s pretty pointless anyway... everyone just dress how you want & shag whoever, problem solved.

I disgaree
Gender is decided by whether you are a boy or a girl. You could have a penis and identify as a boy or a girl, but you cant have a penis and identify as 'gender neutral'. Everyone is either a man or a women. Only two genders, no more.

Youre confusing sex with gender, gender is : "the state of being male or female (typically used with reference to social and cultural differences rather than biological ones)."

There are arguably only two sexes (although there are some cases of transexuality where an individual has both male and female reproductive organs). As for gender it is defined as how one perceives themselves. A person can be biologically male so their sex is a male but they can identify with whatever gender they wish.
(edited 6 years ago)
Who cares? Why does it matter to you how somebody wants to be perceived? You identify how you want and let other people do what they want. personally, I'm a male but I couldn't care less what someone else wants to be. These things do not effect anyone but the person. Let people be...
Since when were there more?
Reply 10
Original post by Mr.Bazaar
Youre confusing sex with gender, gender is : "the state of being male or female (typically used with reference to social and cultural differences rather than biological ones)."

There are only two sexes (although there are some cases of transexuality where an individual has both male and female reproductive organs). As for gender it is defined as how one perceives themselves. A person can be biologically male so their sex is a male but they can identify with whatever gender they wish.

I believe their are only two genders personally. I don't agree with gender neutrality or gender binary stuff. i also don't care about some modern definition of gender.
Reply 11
Original post by Mr.Bazaar

There are only two sexes (although there are some cases of transexuality where an individual has both male and female reproductive organs). As for gender it is defined as how one perceives themselves. A person can be biologically male so their sex is a male but they can identify with whatever gender they wish.

2 Sexes, 2 Genders. multiple mental illnesses where you don't identify as having any gender.
Reply 12
Original post by Humz007
Since when were there more?

Their aren't
Reply 13
I disgaree

Fair enough.
Reply 14
Original post by LRxS
Fair enough.

Sound. I respect your opinion as well, just don't agree with it.
Well if the OP of a thread on a student website says they don't believe in it, it must be rubbish. Thanks for clearing that up. :rolleyes:
Reply 16
Original post by AngryJellyfish
Well if the OP of a thread on a student website says they don't believe in it, it must be rubbish. Thanks for clearing that up. :rolleyes:

Precisely, someone is beginning to see sense. I respect that
The question is: why does it concern YOU so much....
Reply 18
Original post by Kolijax
The question is: why does it concern YOU so much....

Doesn't. Never said it did.
Doesn't. Never said it did.

It concerns you enough to make a thread on the topic so clearly it does ;-)

Latest

Trending

Trending