Turn on thread page Beta

Why do women want gender equality in the workplace, but not in dating? watch

• Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by cat_mac)
    I love how he expects women to somehow control men acting out. We’re supposed to stop men from cheating, stop them from sleeping around. Like we have any control over what a guy decides to do with his d*ck.
    Ok

(Original post by EpicBrum)
    Aye, he did say that.

Not a good thing for who though?

If people want to be whores, whether that's men or women, then fair play to them. That's their business.
    I said being a whore is not a good thing.

(Original post by loveleest)
    His entire post still reeks of misogyny
    No it does not

You said that women “need to understand this and have some control” about how hard it is for a guy to have sex. What do you want us to do about it? Raise our standards even higher so less men can have sex? What are we supposed to have “control” over?
    If we assume that most men have consensual sex with women, then women in most cases have the final say and control because they are allowing men to have sex with them.

If these women stop allowing men to have sex with them and demand that men treat them better, men will treat them better. The issue is that women are allowing men to treat them like pieces of meat and then crying as victim.

Many years ago, a woman would meet a man, they would court for a period and then get married. Many marriages lasted and women, i think, were generally satisfied. Now, we have this pseudo-liberalised system that have put women in a worse position while exclaiming some sort of victory.

My point is that if a 20 year old man and woman decide to live liberal lifestyles for a while before they settled down. The woman biologically has the next 20 years to do that, whilst the man has the rest of his life.

I read of a story of this 59 year old man marrying a 22 year old and fathering a child. A woman of similar age would be way past her child-rearing age.

I am making this assumption based on the point that women want to have families and settle down. I am not talking about women who do not want to have kids.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    You know I am a feminist so why wouldn't you think i wouldnt be offended by that statement
    I knew you would be offended, hence why i wrote the last bit
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Not good enough for his moral standards. Doesn’t seem to grasp that his idea of how things should be isn’t how everyone else wants to live, which would be fine if he didn’t publish it like his view is right. Everyone’s entitled to their opinions in life, imposing those views on others is a different story. How someone wants to live their life (providing they’re not hurting anyone) is their own business imo, not for anyone else to dictate!
    Ok

ReputationRep:
    Explain the contradictions then?
    You contradict yourself ALL the time so I can't take you seriously.

It's Friday, don't make me find many of your posts and post them because there are several (literally) but in case you're genuinely clueless as to where you have contradicted yourself start by looking at the last few pages. Oh also what I find funny I'm positive there was a thread where you said you were not a feminist but today you're saying that you are one...

Which is it? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I feel the need to say that I've never used the word "whore" before. It's not a term I'd normally use, but somehow it has been mentioned a few times on here so I've just continued with it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wired_1800)
    I said being a whore is not a good thing.
    And that's fair enough. I'm just asking who/what is it not good for and why?

ReputationRep:
    You know I am a feminist so why wouldn't you think i wouldnt be offended by that statement
    A feminist who believes equality doesn't apply to dating?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    And that's fair enough. I'm just asking who/what is it not good for and why?
    It is not good for anybody. Sleeping around has many emotional, psychological, health and personal risks.

I am not against having sex, but I am against sleeping around. One, to me, is controlled while the other is uncontrolled.

ReputationRep:
    ...Many years ago, a woman would meet a man, they would court for a period and then get married. Many marriages lasted and women, i think, were generally satisfied...
    So you actually knew a lot of married women many years ago?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Axiomasher)
    So you actually knew a lot of married women many years ago?
    Come on, dont be stupid. You know what I mean. There are records on all this. Divorce rates are extremely higher today than in the past. There are more unmarried women of similar age today than in the past. This could be for a suite of reasons, and sexual liberalisation has been argued to be one of them.

ReputationRep:
    If we assume that most men have consensual sex with women, then women in most cases have the final say and control because they are allowing men to have sex with them.

If these women stop allowing men to have sex with them and demand that men treat them better, men will treat them better. The issue is that women are allowing men to treat them like pieces of meat and then crying as victim.

Many years ago, a woman would meet a man, they would court for a period and then get married. Many marriages lasted and women, i think, were generally satisfied. Now, we have this pseudo-liberalised system that have put women in a worse position while exclaiming some sort of victory.

My point is that if a 20 year old man and woman decide to live liberal lifestyles for a while before they settled down. The woman biologically has the next 20 years to do that, whilst the man has the rest of his life.

I read of a story of this 59 year old man marrying a 22 year old and fathering a child. A woman of similar age would be way past her child-rearing age.

I am making this assumption based on the point that women want to have families and settle down. I am not talking about women who do not want to have kids.
    It still isn’t within a women’s control to change the behaviour of men. Most men on here seem to be very against women being in control of them (this thread a prime example, protesting against feminism wanting superiority over men) so how are we supposed to stop them? If getting laid as a man is already difficult, that shows that your idea of just making it more difficult doesn’t work. Women being more prudish isn’t going to change mens sexual desires.

Many years ago, people were stuck in loveless relationships with husbands having “business trips” and women pretending that everything was fine when Bill got home from the office much too late. This ideal of happy families is just that, an ideal. The reality was just as sexually deviant as now, it was just swept under the carpet instead of challenged.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    ...stupid....
    Thanks for being mature but this just means, no, you don't actually know anything about the satisfaction of married women many years ago. Historically it has been very difficult for women to get a divorce, legally, religiously and financially. Don't let historical facts get in your way though.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    It still isn’t within a women’s control to change the behaviour of men. Most men on here seem to be very against women being in control of them (this thread a prime example, protesting against feminism wanting superiority over men) so how are we supposed to stop them? If getting laid as a man is already difficult, that shows that your idea of just making it more difficult doesn’t work. Women being more prudish isn’t going to change mens sexual desires.

Many years ago, people were stuck in loveless relationships with husbands having “business trips” and women pretending that everything was fine when Bill got home from the office much too late. This ideal of happy families is just that, an ideal. The reality was just as sexually deviant as now, it was just swept under the carpet instead of challenged.
    Women should do their bit and the men will fall in line.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Axiomasher)
    Thanks for being mature but this just means, no, you don't actually know anything about the satisfaction of married women many years ago. Historically it has been very difficult for women to get a divorce, legally, religiously and financially. Don't let historical facts get in your way though.
    Ok cool, thanks for sharing.

ReputationRep:
    Women should do their bit and the men will fall in line.
    Again, women are already doing their bit if it’s hard for men to get laid. If you want to change mens behaviour, that has to come from within. It’s not our job to help you control your urges.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Again, women are already doing their bit if it’s hard for men to get laid. If you want to change mens behaviour, that has to come from within. It’s not our job to help you control your urges.
    It is not hard for men to get laid today compared to the past, it is a lot easier. However, it is out of control for women.

ReputationRep:
    It is not good for anybody. Sleeping around has many emotional, psychological, health and personal risks.

I am not against having sex, but I am against sleeping around. One, to me, is controlled while the other is uncontrolled.
    I don't disagree I just don't think it's a blanket bad thing for everyone. Some people are absolutely fine sleeping around. Some people even do it for a living and are perfectly fine with it.

It's not something I'd personally want to do but whatever floats their boat. They can crack on.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I don't disagree I just don't think it's a blanket bad thing for everyone. Some people are absolutely fine sleeping around. Some people even do it for a living and are perfectly fine with it.

It's not something I'd personally want to do but whatever floats their boat. They can crack on.
    That is a fair point to make, but we should not try to normalise it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trapking)
    You contradict yourself ALL the time so I can't take you seriously.

It's Friday, don't make me find many of your posts and post them because there are several (literally) but in case you're genuinely clueless as to where you have contradicted yourself start by looking at the last few pages. Oh also what I find funny I'm positive there was a thread where you said you were not a feminist but today you're saying that you are one...

Which is it? :confused:
    I dont know where I have contradicted myself.
    I consider myself a feminist.

ReputationRep:
    Come on, dont be stupid. You know what I mean. There are records on all this. Divorce rates are extremely higher today than in the past. There are more unmarried women of similar age today than in the past. This could be for a suite of reasons, and sexual liberalisation has been argued to be one of them.
    Is that really true? I heard in the west, it's decreasing. Whilst in the non-west it's increasing. The latter is because it's becoming more acceptable for women to leave their trash partners.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.