WWEKANE
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi i was just wondering when we work out a simultaneous equation does the answer give us the points which the 2 lines intersect? Ive been taught how to do but never why and a question came up asking for the point of intersection using this so i want to just clarify is this the case?
Memeintern
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by WWEKANE)
Hi i was just wondering when we work out a simultaneous equation does the answer give us the points which the 2 lines intersect? Ive been taught how to do but never why and a question came up asking for the point of intersection using this so i want to just clarify is this the case?
You work out the point of intersection of 2 lines using simultaneous equations
RDKGames
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yes, when you solve a system of simultaneous linear equations \displaystyle \begin{cases} a_1 x + b_1 y = c_1 \\ a_2 x + b_2 y = c_2 \end{cases} then you are indeed finding the point of intersection between a_1x+b_1y=c_1 and a_2x+b_2y=c_2
InfiniteWill
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yes, that is true for all the cases.....No matter what type of equation, be it circle, curve, straight line etc.....the answer to simultaneous equation will be point of intersection
WWEKANE
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
thanks! in lesson we get taught what to do and not why so a question came up in my mock like this and I was confused. anyway thankyou
InfiniteWill
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
thanks! in lesson we get taught what to do and not why so a question came up in my mock like this and I was confused. anyway thankyou
np
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (176)
14.53%
I'm not sure (56)
4.62%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (354)
29.23%
I have already dropped out (35)
2.89%
I'm not a current university student (590)
48.72%

Watched Threads