Jordan Peterson

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by the bear
he sounds like me :h:

I love that he's a conservative family man
Reply 21
Original post by MR1999
I read an excerpt from his book Maps and Meanings and most of it consisted of unintelligible flowery nonsense which he doesn't qualify with some common sense statements added in to make the whole thing mystifying to a reader and enthral them when in reality, he adds nothing of value beyond what the reader would already know.

So why won't people accept his advice. They want to contend with whatever hes saying. Why don't we practice what we already know. We need more men like him to show the younger generation a thing or two about life and love
heck anythings better than being one of those pathetic bitter mgtow losers
I've not heard of him, I'll be honest. :redface:

Also, gonna give this a move to Society because I think it'll do better there :biggrin:
Reply 24
You can train yourself to become alpha should you so badly wish to. You're implying that men are either born alpha or beta?
The fact that there are certain people on TSR who still make a point of using utterly defunct and meaningless terms such as 'alpha' and 'beta' makes me seriously question the collective IQ of its userbase.
Reply 26
Original post by Paracosm
I've not heard of him, I'll be honest. :redface:

Also, gonna give this a move to Society because I think it'll do better there :biggrin:

Maybe it's time you heard about him :mmm:
Original post by queen-bee
Maybe it's time you heard about him :mmm:

Now what's that meant to mean, QB? :shock:

Also... long time no see! How are you doing? :smile:
Reply 28
Original post by yungaheartz
heck anythings better than being one of those pathetic bitter mgtow losers

I also love the fact that he stresses the importance of marriage and kids and how bitter modern men have become,with their mgtow movement
What're your thoughts on him and the advice he gives?

I personally think he's amazing and I don't know why he's considered a right wing extremist. Totally love the advice he gives,which benefits many people. He's super hot too :heart:

He's a breath of fresh air, no doubt about that. He's made some strange, vague comments regarding the nature of truth that I wasn't too sure about and I feel he weaves too much of his religion into his philosophy but he's a pleasant speaker to listen to. Sometimes I listen to his debates while I fall asleep. I don't think he's a fraud like some people have said; I get the impression he genuinely cares about the state of men while prominent aspects of society demonise them. Anyway, say what you want about him, you have to admit that th way he took apart Newman was fcking gold.
Reply 30
Original post by Paracosm
Now what's that meant to mean, QB? :shock:

Also... long time no see! How are you doing? :smile:

We could all do with some life advice from this wonderful man.

I am good,sweety. Yourself? I've been super super busy
We could all do with some life advice from this wonderful man.

I am good,sweety. Yourself? I've been super super busy

Ah okay :tongue: I'm really glad to hear you're doing okay! Nice to see a familiar face around :h:
Reply 32
Original post by Less(e/o)n
The fact that there are certain people on TSR who still make a point of using utterly defunct and meaningless terms such as 'alpha' and 'beta' makes me seriously question the collective IQ of its userbase.

Unfortunately, there's a lot of truth to this whole alpha and beta thing and ties in with female mate selection. Of course no woman wants to get with a beta male unless she's desperate
Omg tell me about it! His advice really hits home for many young people,Im sure. I have all the respect for this man especially when he talks so lovingly about his wife and kids and wanting grandchildren. He's full of life and confidence

He walks the talk. For the past year he has been a figure of worldwide opprobrium, the haters come to his lectures to shout at him, they have tried to get him fired by his university, you have seen examples of the hate on this very thread.

Why? Because he has stood up for what he believes in and spoken the truth as he sees it. That takes great courage and that is what he says everyone should do. His insights are extraordinary, but what has caused this worldwide fame is that people respond to his courage and his own living out of his theories, at a a visceral level. He has charisma.

In a world of fakes he is the genuine article. BUT I foresee dangers ahead. The slightest misstep and he will be publicly crucified, he has so many enemies
and they hate him SO much.

Any mistake and his fall from grace will be epic and tragic. I think he himself realises this. He says he is surfing a hundred foot wave right now and people that do that end up drowning... :frown:
Reply 34
Original post by generallee
He walks the talk. For the past year he has been a figure of worldwide opprobrium, the haters come to his lectures to shout at him, they have tried to get him fired by his university, you have seen examples of the hate on this very thread.

Why? Because he has stood up for what he believes in and spoken the truth as he sees it. That takes great courage and that is what he says everyone should do. His insights are extraordinary, but what has caused this worldwide fame is that people respond to his courage and his own living out of his theories, at a a visceral level. He has charisma.

In a world of fakes he is the genuine article. BUT I foresee dangers ahead. The slightest misstep and he will be publicly crucified, he has so many enemies
and they hate him SO much.

Any mistake and his fall from grace will be epic and tragic. I think he himself realises this. He says he is surfing a hundred foot wave right now and people that do that end up drowning... :frown:

Hes So charismatic! I love his enthusiasm and passion. I really And truly believe hes about helping people,especially young people,both men and women. He's a family man too. Very devoted to his little bundle of joy he calls family and talks about the importance of marriage. I wish I was married to this guy at this point. He's so dreamy
Unfortunately, there's a lot of truth to this whole alpha and beta thing and ties in with female mate selection. Of course no woman wants to get with a beta male unless she's desperate

It's based upon a completely warped notion that humans are both primitive and animalistic; neither of which, of course, I would aver as being the case.

The inherent ability of a human being to reason and question things alone is more than enough evidence to distinguish our behavioural patterns from those of a non-human animal. Human beings aren't governed by an intuitive nature in the way that non-human animals are.
Reply 36
Original post by Less(e/o)n
It's based upon a completely warped notion that humans are both primitive and animalistic; neither of which, of course, I would aver as being the case.

The inherent ability of a human being to reason and question things alone is more than enough evidence to distinguish our behavioural patterns from those of a non-human animal. Human beings aren't governed by an intuitive nature in the way that non-human animals are.

So you don't believe in classing men as alpha or beta depending on their qualities? Testosterone levels etc
He's teaching weak men how to actually be strong alpha males that women crave. I haven't come across anything racist so far,care to aware me?

So what you're saying is Jordan Peterson is telling young men that they should bully their girlfriends because women are weak?

Wow.
Reply 38
Original post by Wilfred Little
So what you're saying is Jordan Peterson is telling young men that they should bully their girlfriends because women are weak?

Wow.

Nope but women prefer alpha type males than the modern day betas we have running around and who said anything to do with bullying? A real man leads by setting a good example.
He's teaching weak men how to actually be strong alpha males that women crave. I haven't come across anything racist so far,care to aware me?

The idea that men need to be "alpha" is ****ing horrible. This culture that dumb women like you propagate that's leading to record high suicide rates among men. It also means men's issues when it comes to anything emotional is disregarded.

Also no one gives a **** about women with tribal instincts craving some sort of animal. Real women with class dont play into that crap.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending