The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Should incest really be illegal?

I can't really see a justification for the ban of two adults consenting to sex, who just happen to be blood related. This isn't a subject I get passionate about or anything, but I really can't think of a good enough reason as to why incest should be banned.

Your opinion on the act being disgusting isn't good enough to me. You may find beetroot disgusting, but that doesn't justify banning it. The (slightly) increased risk of the children being born with abnormalities? So many genetic diseases out there are passed on with no opposition whatsoever. Family trees with a lineage of miscarriages from the mothers does happen. HIV? Cancer? All those are somehow passable, but incest? Nah, we'll ban that based on our subjective view that it's disgusting and gross.

Scroll to see replies

ffs
Reply 2
I like them carved up and buried under the patio.
Reply 3
Ah, so that's how you get your reps. Always wondered.
Original post by Joel 96
I can't really see a justification for the ban of two adults consenting to sex, who just happen to be blood related. This isn't a subject I get passionate about or anything, but I really can't think of a good enough reason as to why incest should be banned.

Your opinion on the act being disgusting isn't good enough to me. You may find beetroot disgusting, but that doesn't justify banning it. The (slightly) increased risk of the children being born with abnormalities? So many genetic diseases out there are passed on with no opposition whatsoever. Family trees with a lineage of miscarriages from the mothers does happen. HIV? Cancer? All those are somehow passable, but incest? Nah, we'll ban that based on our subjective view that it's disgusting and gross.

True tbh. Everyone always gets that strong urge to pork their sister, mother or aunt on an hourly basis

It's a lot more than "slightly" m9 lol
(edited 5 years ago)
Lol you think nothings wrong with a brother or sister, mom or son, dad or daughter having sex just because it’s consensual gtfo
Reply 6
Original post by faith43211
Lol you think nothings wrong with a brother or sister, mom or son, dad or daughter having sex just because it’s consensual gtfo

My point is, what I think is irrelevant.
Yes it’s the safest option
Reply 8
Btw I'm going to sleep now. When I wake up I hope to see at least 10 death threats directed at me. kthxbai
Well there's the fact of genes and ****. Like if you have a child with (for example) your sister, there isn't the back up from genetic diseases. After a while this can cause a lot of issues.

I get your point. I'm not saying that I don't think it's weird af but if you aren't having kids then .... idk 💁🏾
I don't think it should be a crime, but I think people should be made very aware of the risks, as we would warn people with hereditary diseases of the risks of passing them on to their children.

Though I also think sex between any two people who ever had a legal parent-child relationship (whether related by blood or not) should have a higher age of consent law, at least 18 if not 20.
So abortion isn't ok but incest is? Seems logical
Thats just disgusting. You’re telling me you’d shag your mum/dad/brother/sister?
Jokes time:

It’s just the worst thing ever when you shout the wrong name during sex.
I accidentally shouted out my sister’s name last week…
My mum was not happy!

After getting picked on by a few lads at college, my mum offered to go down and sort it out.
Now they can’t bully me for never having a blowjob any more.

Most women would be happy to be woken up on their birthday with breakfast in bed, flowers and 20 minutes of great oral sex!
But Oh no! Not my sister!

The first time I had sex was like the first time riding a bike.
My dad was holding me from behind.

Better not get a black card or something for these :laugh:
Original post by Joel 96

It's because it's unnatural. When you grow up with your siblings you form a bond that should stop you from seeing each other sexually; there's something that happens in the brain that causes this but I can't remember exactly what. So going against this is not normal.

If it's your cousin however then the issue of babies born with abnormalities is at a higher rate. The gene pool should be mixed to provide stronger children so if you inbreed you are doing the opposite of this. You might keep a certain characteristic, blue eyes and light hair for example, but genetic anomalies start to pop up after a while.
Purebred dogs for example are usually inbred to keep the characteristics of the breed but that creates a host of problems for the animals that are born with genetic defects; the same thing happens with humans. You are more likely to survive and be stronger if your genes are mixed with someone who isn't closely related to you.
Ok dude if you really want to **** your sister then do it in private
that does not really work tho'.... people have butter on bread, not in bread

smh
Original post by TobyLerone69
Jokes time:

It’s just the worst thing ever when you shout the wrong name during sex.
I accidentally shouted out my sister’s name last week…
My mum was not happy!

After getting picked on by a few lads at college, my mum offered to go down and sort it out.
Now they can’t bully me for never having a blowjob any more.

Most women would be happy to be woken up on their birthday with breakfast in bed, flowers and 20 minutes of great oral sex!
But Oh no! Not my sister!

The first time I had sex was like the first time riding a bike.
My dad was holding me from behind.

Better not get a black card or something for these :laugh:

familial child abuse is not very funny
I like my women like I like my honeyyy sweet.
Original post by Joel 96

Adult business is adult business, end of. I can agree with that. The state has no business to peak in your bedroom.

BUT, genetic diseases are a major concern with this stuff. It should not be encouraged. Knowingly producing kids with birth defects (and they'd only get worse with further generations) would be quite immoral.

Birth defects happen for reasons people don't know as well, unexpectedly. Little can be done about that. Incest... you can stop incest, or at least strongly discourage it.