The Student Room Group

ATLS

Looking to book on to a course later this year, just got two quick questions.

1) Will we get funding from a study budget towards paying for this, and if i book it now can i still claim it later when i start my new job in August (anaesthetics CT1) ?

2) Is there likely to be any issues obtaining study leave to go to it, as If I book it now i obviously dont know what my rota will be like, ill be starting on anaesthetics, so i presume it shouldnt be an issue as ill still be working towards my initial competences?

Thanks
Ah ok thanks and is it something you have to book yourself. Im not going to find out in a few months that they provide the course for you am I, like they di with ALS in FY2 I just had to select a course time rather than book on their website?

thanks
Reply 2
Original post by appleboy786
Ah ok thanks and is it something you have to book yourself. Im not going to find out in a few months that they provide the course for you am I, like they di with ALS in FY2 I just had to select a course time rather than book on their website?

thanks

It should be on their approved list, but no, it won't be one they arrange for you. You shouldn't have too much trouble getting study leave, but some departments are funny about getting approval for funding if you've booked before you start the job. Might be worth contacting the college tutor for anaesthetics to see what the local policy is.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending