The Student Room Group

Gcse grade boundaries 2018

What do u think 200/240 would be for edexcel maths higher?
Also write down any grade boundary predictions for any subjects below!
Reply 1
Last year, to get a grade 9 in maths you needed a 190/240.

This years maths exam was slightly easier I'd say, so I think 200/240 would be right on the dot for a grade 9.

So I think if you were to get 200/240, you would get a grade 9 or at the very least a very high grade 8.
Original post by Sid2001
Last year, to get a grade 9 in maths you needed a 190/240.

This years maths exam was slightly easier I'd say, so I think 200/240 would be right on the dot for a grade 9.

So I think if you were to get 200/240, you would get a grade 9 or at the very least a very high grade 8.

Ahhh thank you!! I’m not sure if I’ll get 199/240 or 200/240 :frown:
Reply 3
Original post by Kikihaj
Ahhh thank you!! I’m not sure if I’ll get 199/240 or 200/240 :frown:

Doesn't matter too much on what you get, it matters more on how poorly or well the rest of the Year 11s in the country do! :biggrin:

I'm also aiming for a 9 in maths. Good luck.
Original post by Sid2001
Doesn't matter too much on what you get, it matters more on how poorly or well the rest of the Year 11s in the country do! :biggrin:

I'm also aiming for a 9 in maths. Good luck.

True 😂best of luck for ur results!! I hope u get all the grades you wanted
i'm hoping for a 5, in fact I need that grade to get into my college and since maths is a really difficult subject for me, I'm hoping a miracle will happen and I can get the grade I need haha
I'm guessing it'll be 200 for a 9, and perhaps 60/70/80 to get a 4-5. The paper was alot easier than specimen papers and a little easier than the year above's paper, I still found it difficult, but if you're naturally a grade 9 student, then I'm sure you'll get that grade.
Reply 6
Original post by izzi_xox
i'm hoping for a 5, in fact I need that grade to get into my college and since maths is a really difficult subject for me, I'm hoping a miracle will happen and I can get the grade I need haha
I'm guessing it'll be 200 for a 9, and perhaps 60/70/80 to get a 4-5. The paper was alot easier than specimen papers and a little easier than the year above's paper, I still found it difficult, but if you're naturally a grade 9 student, then I'm sure you'll get that grade.

Out of interest, what are you planning on doing at college?

Sorry, I've been revising all day and I'm bored. :tongue:
Original post by izzi_xox

Thank you!!! I hope u get the grade 5 that u need and that u get to go to ur chosen college!
Dk I just need the 4 which I’m hoping will be about 50/240
Reply 9
Original post by Kikihaj
What do u think 200/240 would be for edexcel maths higher?
Also write down any grade boundary predictions for any subjects below!

that would most likely be a 9
Does anyone have an idea about how many marks you’d need for a 6?
Reply 11
Original post by emily897

Somewhere between 95-110
Reply 12

I would estimate between 102-105 but don't count on it. In November 2017, 85 was a Grade 6 whilst in June last year it was 96. Dw you got this!
Reply 13
thats a grade 9
Original post by IdreesAhmed1309
I would estimate between 102-105 but don't count on it. In November 2017, 85 was a Grade 6 whilst in June last year it was 96. Dw you got this!

Thank you! I think I got between 95-105 but since a lot of people are saying they found it a lot easier than last year I’m not sure it’ll be enough :/
Reply 15
Thank you! I think I got between 95-105 but since a lot of people are saying they found it a lot easier than last year I’m not sure it’ll be enough :/

I hope it was enough?

Quick Reply

Latest