The Student Room Group

GCSE 2024 grade boundaries predictions

ok am literally stressed bcz 2023 grade boundaries had gotten higher than expected even tho ppl a few months b4 was saying they would probs get low grade boundaries. Do u think this will happen again this year???
Original post by ...hehe
ok am literally stressed bcz 2023 grade boundaries had gotten higher than expected even tho ppl a few months b4 was saying they would probs get low grade boundaries. Do u think this will happen again this year???

Grade boundaries are somewhat dependent on the marks the cohort gets, so it is impossible to predict what the grade boundaries will be, although they are likely to be higher because they want to get the grade boundaries back down to pre pandemic levels.
Reply 2
It might but we won't know for sure at the moment, my school has kept reminding us all that the grade boundaries are going back to similar ones from 2019 as COVID doesn't affect us as much in terms of education anymore

Although this might be different for you since I'm not sure where you're doing GCSEs, mine is the Welsh WJEC one
Reply 3
It is hard to guess as it is personalised to how across the whole country the class of 24 do, but i think your grade boundaries will be higher as i believe you aren’t getting any extra/advanced materials and your gcse learning wasn’t disturbed by covid whereas the class of 23 missed some time of year 9 and for me that was the start/introduction to my gcses i started learning some content then
Reply 4
Original post by nindiie
It might but we won't know for sure at the moment, my school has kept reminding us all that the grade boundaries are going back to similar ones from 2019 as COVID doesn't affect us as much in terms of education anymore

Although this might be different for you since I'm not sure where you're doing GCSEs, mine is the Welsh WJEC one

mines england aqa +edexcel
Reply 5
Original post by ...hehe

Grade boundaries are only set after all the 2024 papers have been marked. Speculating on what they will be is impossible ..
Original post by flowersinmyhair
Grade boundaries are somewhat dependent on the marks the cohort gets, so it is impossible to predict what the grade boundaries will be, although they are likely to be higher because they want to get the grade boundaries back down to pre pandemic levels.

I funny 🤣 then saying that at making it the highest ever recorded.
So for a 7 you needed 145 marks and they are saying that it is not yet fixed however they declare that it wouldn't be lower than pre pandemic levels which is 137 marks for a 7 so they might have a value between 137 and 145, if students do alright or bad, in average, but if students do good or excellent, it might go 147 or so.
Don't worry the mistake most people including myself did was to work more on content than past papers. I think it's better to finish revising the content as soon as possible like 1-2 weeks, then don't past papers and seeing what grade you get, hating that grade until you keep getting 9s, not getting overconfident, fixing mistakes and revising topics that you are weeks in or those that are genuinely hard, stay humble, learn from everyone, and from yours and everyone's mistakes. See more GCSE advising videos, forget how far you class has gone in terms of content, just finish it your self before ending year 10, now I am no one to advise and I don't have the grades to boast about and grades that make me worth listening to. I have always been a loser myself. But there's a lot of content and advisories in YouTube and most of them got grade 8 and 9 so pretty trustworthy, and if they are boasting in their videos ignore that video since there is plenty of fish in the pond. Good luck pray to God, don't do any bs in school or in like, if you can't say it with pride then don't do it. Like the kids in Mayfield break doors and stuff and have the most bs students in terms of causing havoc. Respect everyone. Remember the nerds get the good grades but tale plenty of rest too, and leave all the unnecessary stuff for post GCSEs, and stay absent to revise when GCSEs are close, since your attendance doesn't defy your grade and your school would care the very least when you get bad grades.
Reply 9
Original post by TigerClaw135
So for a 7 you needed 145 marks and they are saying that it is not yet fixed however they declare that it wouldn't be lower than pre pandemic levels which is 137 marks for a 7 so they might have a value between 137 and 145, if students do alright or bad, in average, but if students do good or excellent, it might go 147 or so.

It doesn't mean the mark won't be lower - honestly no-one knows or will know until papers are marked - stop stressing.
Original post by TigerClaw135
Don't worry the mistake most people including myself did was to work more on content than past papers. I think it's better to finish revising the content as soon as possible like 1-2 weeks, then don't past papers and seeing what grade you get, hating that grade until you keep getting 9s, not getting overconfident, fixing mistakes and revising topics that you are weeks in or those that are genuinely hard, stay humble, learn from everyone, and from yours and everyone's mistakes. See more GCSE advising videos, forget how far you class has gone in terms of content, just finish it your self before ending year 10, now I am no one to advise and I don't have the grades to boast about and grades that make me worth listening to. I have always been a loser myself. But there's a lot of content and advisories in YouTube and most of them got grade 8 and 9 so pretty trustworthy, and if they are boasting in their videos ignore that video since there is plenty of fish in the pond. Good luck pray to God, don't do any bs in school or in like, if you can't say it with pride then don't do it. Like the kids in Mayfield break doors and stuff and have the most bs students in terms of causing havoc. Respect everyone. Remember the nerds get the good grades but tale plenty of rest too, and leave all the unnecessary stuff for post GCSEs, and stay absent to revise when GCSEs are close, since your attendance doesn't defy your grade and your school would care the very least when you get bad grades.

so real, you've given me insight, i'm usually the class clown so this really helps push me, no bs, thank you 🙂 and don't undervalue yourself, talking about some "im a loser", no your not since you're helping me and many online people thrive, thank you again :smile:
Original post by flowersinmyhair

How does this mean they will be higher? I was looking at 2023 and 2019. 2019 grade boundaries are lower than 2023 grade boundaries. So if they are returning to pre pandemic then they will be lower than last years?
(edited 3 months ago)
Original post by student1274738

How does this mean they will be higher? I was looking at 2023 and 2019. 2019 grade boundaries are lower than 2023 grade boundaries. So if they are returning to pre pandemic then they will be lower than last years?

it depends on the papers and how people do so it is impossible to predict
Reply 13
Original post by ...hehe

Physics will probs be high-ish as we're going to get the full equations sheet, and there are a heck of a lot of marks just for recalling and applying formulas.
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 14
Original post by student1274738

Yeah but if we're getting equations sheet it won't be, and some people thought they'd return back in 23 to pre-Covid.
Original post by ...hehe

i think it will probably be like the 2018/2019 pre covid grade boundaries
Original post by annabel whittle
i think it will probably be like the 2018/2019 pre covid grade boundaries

This or we can’t predict them.

Quick Reply

Latest