Maths-8
Further maths - A*
Eng lang- 6
Eng lit- 7
Computing-6
Geog-7
Religious studies-9
French- 7
With these grades would I be able to do medicine at oxbridge if I do well in a levels as well. I got 3 9s, 38s, 37s and 26s
Reply 1
There are no specific GCSE requirements
Reply 2
wat about oxford?
Reply 3
Original post by wyann
wat about oxford?

Not to my knowledge. To be frank, if you're unable to check the admission websites for yourself, you might not be Oxbridge material...
Reply 4
thanks for **** advice kid
Ok, firstly, your spelling an punctuation is atrocious.

Secondly

GOOGLE IT.:banghead:

I have very little patience for posts like this.
Reply 6
The average number of A*s for medicine at Oxford is 10.4, don't mean to dishearten you but you have 6 and will be well below average.
You'd have better chances at Cambridge, but still slim. UKCAT/BMAT scores and AS UMS are much more important than GCSEs for Cambridge.

Check out https://www.medsci.ox.ac.uk/study/medicine/pre-clinical/statistics
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by vicvic38

Secondly

PRSOM
Reply 8
It's really a combination of your A level results and how you deal with people.

I've seen some very smart friends get rejected and one of the possible explanations is that their 'people skills' were terrible.

On the other hand some people in my year didn't do as well as they'd hoped yet still got in. Maybe good interview, personal statement or good reflection of work experience.

Bottom line; It's not all on Academic ability.

I'd advice firstly cleaning up your grammar and attitude.
Average number of successful Oxford/Cambridge applicants have 8 A* ++. Your grades only equate to 6 A*s meaning that chances may be slim.
Reply 10
The average number of A*s at GCSE for a successful Oxford Medical applicant is around 10A*s so you'd find it a challenge based on those grades alone. However, if you come from a school which doesn't usually do well at GCSE then you will get a contextual bonus which will boost your application.

Regardless, if you're serious about applying for Oxbridge Medicine then I would recommend considering Cambridge more so. Cambridge have a higher entry requirement but interview more candidates. Oxford on the other hand look entirely at BMAT score and GCSEs to shortlist candidates for interview.

There are some really useful stats online which I would recommend looking at to help in your decision making. Look at the Medical Sciences Division for OU to find out the breakdown of admissions statistics and you will see.
Reply 11
Original post by vicvic38

Secondly

You spelt 'and' wrong you fool. Next time look at correcting your own spelling before correcting mine.
Original post by wyann
You spelt 'and' wrong you fool. Next time look at correcting your own spelling before correcting mine.

You're the one applying for medicine at oxbridge mate.

I don't have to wow your admissions tutors.

:reddy::reddy:
Original post by wyann

Try looking at the title of the thread too :biggrin:
Original post by Muttley79
Try looking at the title of the thread too :biggrin:

ikr what a tool.
came here due to the spelling error... dude this is amazing haha...

Yes you can get into oxbridge, very good results congrats :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest