The Student Room Group
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rain.ahmed
I'm really close to confirming my unconditional offer from Keele. Can anyone tell me the stats/percentage of students who are in employment within 6 months of completing the MSci Forensic and Analytical Investigation course?

On Unistats there aren't any stats for the course specifically since it hasn't been running long enough, but averaged across similar courses the employment rate after six months appears to be about 52%
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele
Original post by amorgan128
Unconditional offer for History and Politics (if firmed):smile: still considering whether to firm it or not, was wondering what people who go/want to go like about it to inform the decision? xx

Hi there amorgan128 :hello:

What I really love about Keele is the calm and relaxed learning environment available to students, with the fields surrounding Keele Hall, the lake and the woods, it's a very peaceful place to live and learn.

Keele has a history of being leading experts in joint honours courses (like yours) within the HE sector and you'll find an awful lot of students here on joint honours courses, which will mean that you won't feel in any way "left out" by not taking a single honours course in one subject.

I'm happy to answer any more questions you have about Keele :smile:

Mark, second year
Original post by Garistel
Applying for Medicine and Combined honours of forensic Science and psychologyDoes anyone know if I need to go to interviews for forensic Science?

Hello Garistel :smile:

Interviews are usually for courses with the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, whereas Keele's Forensic Science course will fall into the Faculty of Natural Sciences. Therefore I wouldn't expect you to be asked for an interview.

I am however, not fully knowledgeable about admissions for all schools but I hope that alleviates some of your concern.:smile:

I'm happy to answer any more questions you might have about Keele,

Mark, second year :smile:
Reply 23
How common are unconditional offers with Keele? Just applied for Biomedical Science with predicted ABB
Hi everyone

Just wondering, what is the eduction style of Keele like?

Thanks
Original post by cherilim
Hi everyone

Just wondering, what is the eduction style of Keele like?

Thanks

Education style? Most courses will consist of lectures, essay-based courses tend to have seminars accompanying it, an hour for each. So each module will have one lecture and one seminar per week sometimes more but that's the minimum. That's for essay-based subjects. If you're doing something like chemistry expect something more towards 20 hours per week. The course design is built around individual modules - usually 8 per year.

as25

How common are unconditional offers with Keele? Just applied for Biomedical Science with predicted ABB

Lots of students get unconditional offers from Keele, but many do not. It's impossible really to predict what your outcome will be. I received an unconditional-if-firm offer from Keele when I applied through UCAS, and I placed it as my insurance choice so the offer itself was not unconditional.

Hope this helps you both,

Mark
:smile:
I don't think I would go home during any of the holidays, would I still be allowed to stay in halls during these periods and is it possible for me to stay in Keele residence over the summer break as a first year?
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by rain.ahmed
I don't think I would go home during any of the holidays, would I still be allowed to stay in halls during these periods and is it possible for me to stay in Keele residence over the summer break as a first year?

There are bookable accommodation rooms available for the summer period but this is separate to your main accommodation contract.

Some halls contracts do not include Christmas or Easter and students are asked to move out, some do include Christmas but exclude the Easter break. I believe some do include both of these term breaks but I am not 100% sure on that. :smile: It will depend on the room that you are in largely, so make sure that you request a room you want with these requirements in mind when you go through the accommodation application process. :wink:

I'd recommend having a look at the accommodation website for more info:
https://www.keele.ac.uk/discover/accommodation/

Details on contract lengths and pricing can be fond here:
https://www.keele.ac.uk/discover/accommodation/undergraduateaccommodation/accommodationfees/

I had to move out for Easter last year and there was underbed storage space which I could padlock meaning that I could leave a lot of my stuff in my room over the Easter break.

Hope this helps,
Mark, second year :smile:
Reply 28
Just received an unconditional offer (if firmed) for the LLB law 😊 when I visited Keele I loved the campus, but spoke to some law student ambassadors and they didn’t really seem to enjoy the course, does anyone here study law at Keele?
Hi,

What’s diversity like in Keele? I come from London and love how there are so many different cultures in the city. If I were to study medicine at Keele would it be possible to travel to and from London by car instead of staying in the area?
Got a reduced offer of BCC for psychology at Keele! Really loved the campus when I visited the open day - not sure whether to firm or insure yet!
Reply 31
Original post by bubblecat
Got a reduced offer of BCC for psychology at Keele! Really loved the campus when I visited the open day - not sure whether to firm or insure yet!

You're the same as me then. I had two options but when I visited the campus I fell in love an firmed my offer. I 've started my first year and honestly it was a great choice. That feeling of just belonging and being in love with where you are hasn't really left me yet
Got a conditional offer of ABB for psychology with a placement year. (Applied: 20/11/18 Received:23/11/18)
I've got an unconditional for Psychology since I'm doing a gap year and I have an open day tomorrow! :smile: Does anyone know roughly how many hours of lectures/seminars there are for Psychology a week? And also when we can choose the optional modules for our course? Thanks!
Ive got an unconditional for Keele for Economics or Economics & Politics if I firm it. Deciding on here and Liverpool
Original post by AEP2000
Just received an unconditional offer (if firmed) for the LLB law 😊 when I visited Keele I loved the campus, but spoke to some law student ambassadors and they didn’t really seem to enjoy the course, does anyone here study law at Keele?

What were ur predicted grades? And what subjects? I have applied for keele to do law and my predictions are Distinction AB but I’ve had no response yet
Original post by Keele Student Ambassador
Hello everyone,

I'm Mark, a second year student at Keele: I'm happy to answer any questions you have about what it's like to be at Keele, including studying and living on campus.:hello:

I look forward to chatting to you all over your application journey's and helping you out with any questions you may have.:biggrin:

Mark

whats so great about keele?... i need to be persuaded to come here so i can accept the unconditional. it wasnt my first choice (tho tbf i applied not really knowing a lot about keele other than it was a good uni) but it would be nice to not have to stress about exams.
Firmed Keele a week ago so it's definitely unconditional now. Anyone know how long it will take them to email me about applying for accommodation?
(edited 5 years ago)
I applied to Keele around 3 days ago, does anyone know how long it usually takes for them to reply?
Original post by jedistyles
I applied to Keele around 3 days ago, does anyone know how long it usually takes for them to reply?

I think it took about 2 weeks for Keele to reply to me :smile:

Latest