The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Are all millennials shallow snowflakes?

IMO they are. Just look at the article in the DM https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-6446351/Wannabe-influencer-Alexa-Abraham-reveals-feels-share-life-online.html

I'm sure she is a nice girl in person but she just seems image obsessed and arrogant.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'd say millenials are a much softer generation than those before, and this is permeating into Gen Z as well. However I don't think it's really their fault - but rather caused by their environment. Their parents haven't properly disciplined the majority of millenials, they grew up into a massive recession which has essentially made their economic chances much slimmer, and I think society has declined due to social media and a less developed culture in general.
She is just a product of her environment like most of us. Sadly her environment revolves around being as shallow as possible.
No.
Snowflakes a small but very loud minority.
Original post by londonmyst
No.
Snowflakes a small but very loud minority.

lets hope
Original post by GodAtum
IMO they are.

No, we are not. Using a sample of one is really not the smartest way to make your case.
What wrong with being a snowflake their beautiful and everyone is different
Reply 7
Not at all.
Original post by looloo2134
What wrong with being a snowflake their beautiful and everyone is different

Snowflakes are shiny and beautiful whilst its cold, when things get too hot for them they go into a swift meltdown leaving only a messy pool.
That's the analogy, they can't take the heat and are unable to cope outside of their perfect environment.
Are you saying that billions of people are exactly the same mentally

Spoiler

Reply 10
Original post by sensevoy
So people that would't be able to cope in nazi germany would be considered snow flakes by that logic.

Well, no. That isn't 'that logic' at all, which would be painfully obvious had you any background at all in logic.

The point being made by myst is that the 'snowflake' insult is levied at people that cannot stand their ideals being challenged. Now I know (still - they are old and fragile) some people that lived in Germany just before Nazi power took hold. They did not have an idealised lifeview that 'melted'. They could not stand life under the Nazis and fled. They are not snowflakes by myst's definition. Do keep up.
(edited 5 years ago)
"stop being offended by everything", cries Nigel at people who've asked him to tone down the racism, while simultaneously being offended by the existence of LGBT people, Muslims and Vegans...

The snowflakes claim is lazy nonsense that mostly comes from boomers, who ironically are the most like snowflakes according to their own definition.
Reply 12
Original post by GodAtum
IMO they are. Just look at the article in the DM https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-6446351/Wannabe-influencer-Alexa-Abraham-reveals-feels-share-life-online.html

I'm sure she is a nice girl in person but she just seems image obsessed and arrogant.
Enough snowflakes make an avalanche!
no, as a centennial In the UK I'm surrounded by liberalism and associated views. I personally am generally outspoken and right wing, but just wish that more people saw the world for the way it is and not the ******** fairyland they like to make it out as.
far-right militant carnivore misogynists? doesn't sound any better tbh
Those people who call others snowflakes are usually snowflakes themselves which makes them complete hypocrites.
Original post by Krisis
far-right militant carnivore misogynists? doesn't sound any better tbh

I'd rather be a racist and a misogynist than a ****ing vegan
I’m glad to say I’m not a ****ing snowflake 😂😂
Reply 18
Another example of a university being too PC: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-46541002
Original post by GodAtum
Another example of a university being too PC: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-46541002

Safe space comedy brought to you by the SOAS good manners police. :biggrin:
Hyperbolic language, long winded zero tolerance policy listing all the forbidden ism's/ia's and anti's.
Title of the document reminds me of those pathetic home school agreements primary schools tried making the parents sign 15 years ago.

Latest

Trending

Trending