The Student Room Group

OPITO Apprenticeship - Anyone?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1280
Finally got my results from my aptitude test and I've passed again this year *phew*
Now I've just gotta get ready for the interview whenever that may be.
Reply 1281
got my interview on the 21st of june.
Original post by matt0091
got my interview on the 21st of june.

Don't worry about the interview, it's pretty straightforward so just be prepared to speak about yourself, hobbies and responsibilities- they don't really ask you much about the sector of work itself but I did get asked why I wanted to be considered and also why I selected the disciplines that I did.
Good luck with your interview! :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
(edited 11 years ago)
Has anyone else heard anything back yet? I emailed Maureen Hunter but no reply. Getting so anxious about the whole thing now. Just want to know one way or the other!
Reply 1284
Same here. I haven't heard anything. Was thinking of phoning but will wait and see if you get a reply first. Will be so much more settled If I could fine out one way or the other.

Reply 1285
Original post by Nameismark87
Has anyone else heard anything back yet? I emailed Maureen Hunter but no reply. Getting so anxious about the whole thing now. Just want to know one way or the other!

I know for a fact that they haven't finished interviews yet . . . since I haven't had mine yet haha.

Give it time :smile:
Reply 1286
Mark; did u get a reply from Maureen hunter?

Reply 1287
im still waiting on my interview as well, been well over 2 months now
Original post by xperty
Mark; did u get a reply from Maureen hunter?

Not yet mate. Although I spoke to my friend that does the testing and he said she is very busy organising interviews at the moment so I don't want to keep pestering her. Looks like I'll just have to wait it out...at least until July :tongue:. Does anyone know when interviews are until?
Reply 1289
Not yet mate. Although I spoke to my friend that does the testing and he said she is very busy organising interviews at the moment so I don't want to keep pestering her. Looks like I'll just have to wait it out...at least until July :tongue:. Does anyone know when interviews are until?

Yeah, i need to know before the 1st august. I will usually find out by then ?
Reply 1290
did everyone else go to portlethen for their interview
Reply 1291
Can anyone tell me exactly where the first 21months training for each discipline takes place? I can't seem to find out through the opito website.
Reply 1292
Original post by jgw88
Can anyone tell me exactly where the first 21months training for each discipline takes place? I can't seem to find out through the opito website.

2 are in Aberdeen one in Edinburgh and one in Falkirk.

The Middlesbourgh one isn't running this year... so i believe anyway.
Reply 1293
did everyone else go to portlethen for their interview

I did. When was yours?
Reply 1294
Original post by xperty
2 are in Aberdeen one in Edinburgh and one in Falkirk.

The Middlesbourgh one isn't running this year... so i believe anyway.

edinburgh is c & i, aberdeen is process and falkirk is mechanical. electrical was in middlesborough but i dont know if it still runs there. if xperty is correct in 2 courses running at aberdeen one would presume electrical is now in aberdeen

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my Galaxy S3
Reply 1295
Original post by xperty
I did. When was yours?

ive got my interview this thursday. i had an interview with ecitb last year so im just assuming that it will be similar sort of thing
Reply 1296
ive got my interview this thursday. i had an interview with ecitb last year so im just assuming that it will be similar sort of thing

yep pretty much the same in my experience

Anyone know how many places there is? and also did anyone apply for the slumberger one too?
From what I've been told there's about 100 positions. 25 for each discipline. Pretty tough competition considering around 3000 applied!
Reply 1298
From what I've been told there's about 100 positions. 25 for each discipline. Pretty tough competition considering around 3000 applied!

yep, competition is fierce! and this is why it takes ages to contact people.. they're looking for the brightest and most suitable candidates, it takes time. im kinda glad im having to resit maths gcse as it will refresh my brain and hopefully help me through aptitude tests next year.

im curious to know, how did people find the tests?????

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my Galaxy S3
Reply 1299

The aptitude testing and applications were bound to cut that 3000 down to around 500?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending