The Student Room Group

Bank Of england degree apprenticeship 2024

Didnt see a thread for 2024 so though i would create one anyone know what kind of exit opportunities you would be looking at after a degree apprenticeship from the Bank of England

Scroll to see replies

Hi, I applied 5 days before the deadline and they haven't sent me any online assessment work. I was just wondering what is going on.
Original post by cenkmustafa278
Hi, I applied 5 days before the deadline and they haven't sent me any online assessment work. I was just wondering what is going on.

They will reply soon as far as ik what did u apply for
Original post by Gursirjansethi
They will reply soon as far as ik what did u apply for

Financial Services

Financial Services

Do u know what u would do after the apprenticeship if u get it

Hi I am at the Bank as part of my Industrial Placement year (I think the process is similar somewhat to apprentice applications) but once you complete the application form, it's after the deadline I believe that they reach out regarding the online assessments which you have to complete then there is the usual pre recorded video interview and if all goes well you get invited to the final stage which is usually the assessment centre & final interview
Didnt see a thread for 2024 so though i would create one anyone know what kind of exit opportunities you would be looking at after a degree apprenticeship from the Bank of England

I am at the bank as part of my industrial placement year and from the people I have spoken with, most people stay on at the bank as progression is quite good if you perform well and it's a good place to work ofc. After the 3 years, the apprentices start at 31k starting salary (grad scheme students start at 35k) but like I said most people stay on at the bank. The reason being is that the bank encourage you to move around different divisions so you are not stuck to one role within one division if that makes sense.
Original post by CurryCurry2468

I am at the bank as part of my industrial placement year and from the people I have spoken with, most people stay on at the bank as progression is quite good if you perform well and it's a good place to work ofc. After the 3 years, the apprentices start at 31k starting salary (grad scheme students start at 35k) but like I said most people stay on at the bank. The reason being is that the bank encourage you to move around different divisions so you are not stuck to one role within one division if that makes sense.

Do people move into banking as well or is there no room for that after the work experience at bofe
Hi I am at the Bank as part of my Industrial Placement year (I think the process is similar somewhat to apprentice applications) but once you complete the application form, it's after the deadline I believe that they reach out regarding the online assessments which you have to complete then there is the usual pre recorded video interview and if all goes well you get invited to the final stage which is usually the assessment centre & final interview

The deadline was exactly a week and they've sent me nothing. Seriously, they're so unprofessional
Reply 9

The deadline was exactly a week and they've sent me nothing. Seriously, they're so unprofessional

I’ve just been sent an invitation to do an online assessment

Yeah you were right. They just sent my online assessment. Thank you for your help 👊
Do people move into banking as well or is there no room for that after the work experience at bofe

I work in tech but from what I remember when I first started, people do leave the bank and go into other roles within the sector whether it's in another public organisation or private so there is scope to go into banking but I don't know typical roles as I don't work in finance etc. One person mentioned he worked in the bank for years, like 10+ then left and went into private sector banking then returned to the bank. But to answer your question, if u are applying for the economist degree apprentice, yes I am sure there is room to go into banking but most people including apprentices stay on post apprenticeship for another 2 - 3 years from what I heard before considering either moving around in the bank or leaving.

I work in tech but from what I remember when I first started, people do leave the bank and go into other roles within the sector whether it's in another public organisation or private so there is scope to go into banking but I don't know typical roles as I don't work in finance etc. One person mentioned he worked in the bank for years, like 10+ then left and went into private sector banking then returned to the bank. But to answer your question, if u are applying for the economist degree apprentice, yes I am sure there is room to go into banking but most people including apprentices stay on post apprenticeship for another 2 - 3 years from what I heard before considering either moving around in the bank or leaving.

I applied for the financial services apprenticeship
Yeah you were right. They just sent my online assessment. Thank you for your help 👊

No worries, I remember having the same experience when applying to my placement but I did apply quite early and they send everything after applications have closed but I was applying to other places at the same time so did not really realise it was after the deadline lol

No worries, I remember having the same experience when applying to my placement but I did apply quite early and they send everything after applications have closed but I was applying to other places at the same time so did not really realise it was after the deadline lol

I think the financial services one its their first year doing it
Original post by undefined
I think the financial services one its their first year doing it

yes that is correct, this it the first cohort
Reply 16
Hi, I also applied for the Data science apprenticeship and did their assessment roughly a month ago and haven't got a response. Is this kind of their way of say no
Original post by Lou_uoL
Hi, I also applied for the Data science apprenticeship and did their assessment roughly a month ago and haven't got a response. Is this kind of their way of say no

From what I know, they do take their time with reviewing but they would get back to you if they don't progress you to the next stage. I wouldn't think it's a definite no, essentially following the online assessments, they send out invites to a pre recorded video interview and following that it's the assessment centre & final interview
Reply 18
Okay thanks

yes that is correct, this it the first cohort

So what do u think like abt moving to banking after doing this apprenticeship

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending