The Student Room Group

Bank of America Degree Apprenticeship 2024

I'm surprised nobody has made this yet given the interest in the UBS thread. Comment below if you've applied, tell us how you've found the application process so far!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by fredfsts
I'm surprised nobody has made this yet given the interest in the UBS thread. Comment below if you've applied, tell us how you've found the application process so far!

I’ve just completed my video interview and was wondering if anyone else had got through to the next stages and how long that took?
Reply 2
Original post by Harry_S13
I’ve just completed my video interview and was wondering if anyone else had got through to the next stages and how long that took?

I think we will be waiting a month or two.
Reply 3

I completed the video interview in November/ Decemberish time for the GTS Apprenticeship, since then have got emails to say that my application is under consideration, but no further progression in the stages yet.
Reply 4
Original post by MaxA06
I completed the video interview in November/ Decemberish time for the GTS Apprenticeship, since then have got emails to say that my application is under consideration, but no further progression in the stages yet.

How did you find the hirevue questions?
Reply 5
Yeah it’s quite a straight forward process, generic questions about the role and the company. If your about to do yours, just make sure you look at the camera, look presentable and do research and you’ll be fine
Reply 6
What programmes did you guys apply to for the Bank of America apprenticeships. I applied for FICC but the questions were weird tbh. They are asking professional questions to 18 year olds who barely has had any work experience.
The questions I do remember was:
Tell me what has impacted the financial market and how might that impact your division you have applied for?
How do you deal and solve multiple deadlines?
Tell me about yourself and why have you applied for the division?
I would assume that this apprenticeship would be really popular but not many people have spoken up about it idek why
Reply 7
Original post by AYHA
What programmes did you guys apply to for the Bank of America apprenticeships. I applied for FICC but the questions were weird tbh. They are asking professional questions to 18 year olds who barely has had any work experience.
Tell me what has impacted the financial market and how might that impact your division you have applied for?
I would assume that this apprenticeship would be really popular but not many people have spoken up about it idek why

That's exactly the one I applied for. I enjoyed the questions tbh, felt challenging but not in an unfair way.

What did you answer for the financial market impact question?
Reply 8
That's exactly the one I applied for. I enjoyed the questions tbh, felt challenging but not in an unfair way.

What did you answer for the financial market impact question?

I talked about the Russian and Ukraine war and then talked about how that may impact global markets and results in the market being more fluctuating. Waffled about trade I’ll be honest. I messed up the ending of one of my questions for how you would provide help
Reply 9
When did u apply btw and dont have to answer this but what grades did u apply with. Hopefully there’s no one that’s applying with 15 A stars predicted or some **** like that
Reply 10
Original post by AYHA
When did u apply btw and dont have to answer this but what grades did u apply with. Hopefully there’s no one that’s applying with 15 A stars predicted or some **** like that

Two A* and an A. Think I applied on 6th and did VI on the 10th. Have you applied for many more apprenticeships?
Reply 11
I applied with A*AA but the thing is I’ve applied to only banking ones and the others don’t really suit my fancy I’ll be honest. Like I haven’t done tax or audit and stuff like that. I think this apprenticeship out of all of them I’m confident in
Original post by AYHA
Yes I had the same thoughts exactly the questions did seem very technical.
Reply 13
Original post by Raphdein18
Yes I had the same thoughts exactly the questions did seem very technical.
Which service line did you apply for?
Which service line did you apply for?
Global Markets (equities) i was able to answer the questions as I did a lot of research beforehand but I did feel like the examples I gave were too sixth form based as it was all I could think of in the moment. For example I was asked to name a time I went above and beyond and referenced my EPQ.
Reply 15
I feel like they should know that tho coz it’s school leavers, they r not expecting someone to apply with 15 yrs of experience
Original post by AYHA
I feel like they should know that tho coz it’s school leavers, they r not expecting someone to apply with 15 yrs of experience
Yes that was my thinking so praying it all works out and we all get through
Reply 17
Is anyone applying for the Global Technology (DTS) role?
Reply 18
Has anyone heard anything back from BOA at all or nah?
Original post by AYHA
Has anyone heard anything back from BOA at all or nah?
Just asking for me to confirm A levels

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending