The Student Room Group

OPITO Apprenticeship - Anyone?

Scroll to see replies

I don't know what happened to my post
It was meant to say
"Is there any girls on the course"
But it kinda didn't send right
Reply 141
Sorry josh didnt realise what you were meaning.

Derringer - You get 6 weeks holiday a year, 1 week at Easter 2 weeks at summer 1 week at october 2 weeks at Christmas.

Lol ok Higher Computing - Yes there are girls on the course incase your still wondering, there is 2 on the course at the moment with me.
soooo much more information on here about this course :P still not heard when my aptitude test is though :/ i really want to get on this! what is the social life like on this course? cu123 you might be able to answer this well! like at university, there is a lot of work, but also quite a bit fun. whats it like on this course? many laughs in the digs?
Reply 143
johnboy1987
take up a hairdressing apprenticeship if you want to chase the women

or psychology
Reply 144
the thing that does bother me is... well I dont really like living in the british isles.. but at the same time where else is there a course like this. i aint sure about spending another 3 years here but i know many oil rig workers commute from across the world... its tough
well you could be placed onshore therefore you'd be living in the wonderful british isles for longer than the 4yr apprenticeship
Right so i got the date and time for the tests
what should i wear ?
Reply 147
I got an email today for an aptitude test on the 10th of May at Glasgow Council Offices in George Street. :smile:

If I manage to get a formal interview, I'd wear a suit no doubt, but for the aptitude test, what's the standard dress code for it?

Would something like dark jeans and a casual shirt be acceptable or maybe trousers and a shirt?
Wear anything you like. You're going to be sitting in a room for 2.5 hours, you need to be comfortable! Most people at my test just wore jeans and a tshirt.
Reply 149
I wore shirt and tie, dress trousers and leather shoes to the appitude test.

Josh the social life in the halls is class like, i think for the first 2-3 months we werent in bed before 2am most night just in the halls cutting about, getting the banter with each other, going to asdas at 1am for a burger. We also quite often go out in town, well if your 18 or over, most of uses will probaly go out. Edinburghs nightlife through the week/weekend is really good, lots and lots of pubs and clubs. So yeah the social life in the halls is amazing!
got my date for the aptitude test also
Got a letter the day saying a passed ma appitude test :smile: Waiting to hear when te interview will be :P
then give us some examples of questions :P ha
Me? Give yi examples of questions lol?
Reply 154
Done the Tests at GCCs offices on the 23rd of April so hopin i`ll hear back today if i get the same sorta turn around as you chrissyboyle. Well unless the PASS letters were all sent out on the same day which would mean my chances are f*****. agh well it was a day off school if nothin else.:woo: :smile:
Reply 155
Postman been and gone now and still no letter has arrived saying if i`ve passed the testin stage. keep us posted to when you get your letters folks. will phone and ask if i`ve not heard back in a few days.
Had mine same place as you TEX1 on the 22nd lol. Got my letter yesterday.
Reply 157
Is any one applying from the south? I been waiting eons and still now invite for aptidude test. When do we have to do the medical? I never had one before do we have to pee in a cup? and how often? I have a bit of a thing about passing my secretions to people, im sure ill get over it but it would be nice to know
Reply 158
that`s what i was sayin if i had got the letter today i would have got things in the same sorta turn around as you chrissyboyle but not to worry if things don`t go my way i can only go back to school. All the rigs seem to be goin Alpha style anyhoo at the mo and f*** bein stuck on 1 due to volcanic ash. i`ve heard it`s the same test year after year anyhoo is that right anyone? Ohh and btw did the letter tell you about the interview also?:smile: :p: :yep: :wink:
Reply 159
I really doubt i`ve passed now lol but i`m hopin it`s just takin a while because it was a fri afternoon job lol. will keep you posted eithier way.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending