The Student Room Group

How come mass shootings are rare in the uk?

Anyone know?

Scroll to see replies

Strict gun laws?
Mass shootings are rather challenging without guns.
as not many people have access to guns
because guns are rare
Reply 5
Original post by TensorTympani
Strict gun laws?

Original post by Andrew97
Mass shootings are rather challenging without guns.

Original post by mohameds04
as not many people have access to guns

Original post by Leviathan1611
because guns are rare

Were mass shootings not rare before they had stricter gun laws?
Original post by TensorTympani
Strict gun laws?

nah, Czech Republic and Austria got same gun laws as the USA and nothing happens.
Original post by JohnDoughnut
nah, Czech Republic and Austria got same gun laws as the USA and nothing happens.

Well the last time the Austrians all had guns and actually used them, it didn’t end too well.
Sensible gun policies?
Original post by JohnDoughnut

Brains?
Reply 10
They put anti-shooting hormones in our table salt.
pffff... I own few rifles and a license to handle explosives, lucky that I am one of the cleverer ones :biggrin:
"Everyone and his mum is packin heat in the country."

Shot guns and lots of'em.

Yet Derick Bird on his drive a Ross the Lake District killing spree was incredibly rare.
Original post by pwquiytr
Anyone know?

After two successive mass shootings in Hungerford and Dunblane, stricter gun controls were put into place. However, knife crime is relatively high in the UK (and growing) due to the ease with which most people can purchase sharp blades.
Original post by mcfender
After two successive mass shootings in Hungerford and Dunblane, stricter gun controls were put into place. However, knife crime is relatively high in the UK (and growing) due to the ease with which most people can purchase sharp blades.

So, instead of getting shot I might get stabbed, yeah, that makes me sleep better :biggrin:
Putting aside the obvious racial inference, may I just point out that it should be *fewer* black people rather than 'less' black people?
Original post by benwhite13
less black people?
Original post by pwquiytr
Anyone know?

"Guns for show, knives for a pro"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0mYHjFlh74

New Zealand hasn't had many mass shootings until recently either.
in the 1996 there was horrible shooting in a school in Dunblane in Scotland int aftermath of that shooting the UK government at the time tightened up gun laws it's now much harder to get a gun (almost impossible) since then we have had very little in the way of gun crime and no mass shooting that I can remember that is why .
Reply 18
Original post by benwhite13
less black people?

The last mass shooting in this country was done by a white man.
Original post by ANM775
The last mass shooting in this country was done by a white man.

might look meaningful if majority people in the UK were not white. :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending