The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

SmellyCat16
won't they allow you go to the library and revise?

nope. i mean before the half term break we still had to go to lessons if we had the exam, so we were allowed to use the library and the silent study area then, but now they don't allow us to, unless we have an exam in both the morning and the afternoon. this goes for AS anyway. GCSE students don't have a silent study area and they are only allowed to use the library for 15 minutes during a lunch break - so this doesn't really effect them, but once the GCSE students had left (last holidays) , they are only allowed in school for exams, and if they have an exam in both the morning and the afternoon, then they have to leave the site (unless the exams are half an hour apart). A2 still have to go to lessons so are allowed to use it, i assume their exams started later than the ours (AS).
Reply 61
how did u manage to miss it?I think u need to tell the exam board and school.If u have a valid reason,Im sure they'll do something about it.
davidjones90
Depends how much %age the paper is...

Can't believe your college didn't call up....Ours if someone is late your rung up ASAP

The paper is worth 30%..but since your C/W was poor and this is worth 40%....
Reply 63
sam220990
omg i cant believe ive missed it, i need desperate advice. :confused:

is there anyway i can still pass my language if i acheive a good mark on thursday..

i have a grade A for my oral speaking and B for my written coursework.

Please post back asap..

:frown:

you have an oral exam in english?
Reply 64
omg unlucky i have a phobia of this happening i have to keep checking my statement of entry. A girls was 30 minutes late for our english i think she forgot but the teachers rang her and offered to pick her up. But we started in advance and she just finished later!
A similar thing happened to me last yr ( i was taking early entry english) and I was literally distraught. I cried for ages. Da examination officer contacted the exam board and expalined everything and i was able to take the exam dat day. but den dey thot i was gonna commit suicide or sumthin!
PS: It was in extreme circumstances n i didnt just 4get da time.
How can you miss it? I have like 3 copies of my exam timetable and I always check with friends the exams we have next in case.

Check on the website of the exam board on their policy.
Reply 68
electriic_ink
Practise what you preach or preach what you practise. Hypocrite :rolleyes: :smile:

quite sad for actually correcting my post... and if you looked at the image correctly it said Dont instead of Don't (showing that is it not important to have perfect spelling or punctuation) and the message is to not use internet talk on forums (like 4get and w8 etc.)
neomilan
quite sad for actually correcting my post... and if you looked at the image correctly it said Dont instead of Don't (showing that is it not important to have perfect spelling or punctuation) and the message is to not use internet talk on forums (like 4get and w8 etc.)

Yet it says, quite clearly, that you support good grammar, which your original post did not exhibit...

Latest