The Student Room Group

What's the hardest exam you've sat so far?

The first two weeks of exams are now over, and breath....

As you crack on and revise for the next few weeks it's time to take a step back and reflect on that one paper that had your number, the topic that you hadn't revisied or that one question that just stumped you.

We want to know what was the hardest exam you've sat so far?

Get your complaints in this thread and out of your head and then look foward burden free! Share the pain with us and look foward together :smile:
(edited 11 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Ive only sat 2 A Level exams so far Edexcel Politics and Business Paper 1 but both went well I think but I had a couple caveats

Business- Emotional branding was a rogue definition specific question
Politics- The Liberalism ideology question 'To what extent is liberalism fearful of the state' very rogue wording

That's it not any big problems but just some more challenging questions
Original post by Evil Homer

As you crack on and revise for the next few weeks it's time to take a step back and reflect on that one paper that had your number, the topic that you hadn't revisied or that one question that just stumped you.

Get your complaints in this thread and out of your head and then look foward burden free! Share the pain with us and look foward together :smile:
I've only sat one - Edexcel Geography Paper 1 and it was the most horrendous thing ever.
Reply 3
I only sat one paper so far.
I sat OCR A Physics Paper 1.
It got the stupidest example for real life application. Airships. This was for ideal gases topic.
I can see why it tests on the ideal gases, but Airships are rarely used in real life! And there's probably lots more common applications of ideal gases in real life.
AQA Physics paper 1 was quite bad, Edexcel CP1 is close but I need an A* in Physics for my offer so naturally I'll moan about that one more.
(edited 11 months ago)
im done with half my GCSEs and they have been going well but i would say either geography paper 1 or chemistry paper 1 was the hardest
Reply 6

For me it was maths EDEXCEL foundation (I struggle with maths so hard I might be dyscalculic) and chem cause of the maths (phys cause of maths) and geog (maths again)
Original post by acolourfulhuman
im done with half my GCSEs and they have been going well but i would say either geography paper 1 or chemistry paper 1 was the hardest

Was it an edexcel paper for geography?
The hardest thing is doing essay subjects and having no idea how you did on the paper since it depends entirely on whether the examiner likes your essays.
Original post by _globglogabgalab
AQA Physics paper 1 was quite bad, Edexcel CP1 is close but I need an A* in Physics for my offer so naturally I'll moan about that one more.

Moan away that's what this thread is for!
Reply 10
Original post by user123456324
Ive only sat 2 A Level exams so far Edexcel Politics and Business Paper 1 but both went well I think but I had a couple caveats

Business- Emotional branding was a rogue definition specific question
Politics- The Liberalism ideology question 'To what extent is liberalism fearful of the state' very rogue wording

That's it not any big problems but just some more challenging questions

Agree with the Business one, I was talking to my friends when we left the exam hall and my teacher and we were all saying while the test went quite well, that one 10 marker was such a wide ball for it.

In response to the main question,
I have done 5/8 of my exams with 3 left.
The 2 CIE geogeaph exams went ok I think, although the 10 marker on them was quite a wide blow and the 2 20 marker options on hazdous areas was not that nice

Also done Edexlce Econ 1&2 and Business P1(as above). I think economics went ok, even though I did bad on the mock I think I did well this time. Though me and graphs do not get along

ial physics 4, electric and magnetic fields were hard, but i'm not studying physics in uni probably so GOODBYE PHYSICS
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 12
I have sat 3 Alevel exams so far

English lit = went horrible , the exam questions weren't hard icl but i just blanked and wrote nonsense
Psychology paper 1 = wat on earth were AQA smoking with 3 16 markers and an 8 marker
Psychology paper 2 = alr ig , i found out most of what was wrong but in the moment the exam was decent

IS ANYONE ELSE ******** BRICKS FOR BIOLOGY ARGH
Reply 13
Original post by toxicgamage56
The hardest thing is doing essay subjects and having no idea how you did on the paper since it depends entirely on whether the examiner likes your essays.

sooo true
The exam I took for my Accounting module for my Business Management degree
AQA maths was my worse like everything apart from like first 5 pages was rubbish and i hated them and coming in a close second was edexcel physic paper 1 that was pretty bad some of the questions wording was so confusing every other gsce i have done has been okay
(edited 11 months ago)
Original post by spygirl123

English lit = went horrible , the exam questions weren't hard icl but i just blanked and wrote nonsense
Psychology paper 1 = wat on earth were AQA smoking with 3 16 markers and an 8 marker
Psychology paper 2 = alr ig , i found out most of what was wrong but in the moment the exam was decent

MEEEEEE im so scared for bio omd. ive been struggling to balance geography, psychology and bio this half term and I have all three subjects on the 5th, 6th and 7th next week😭😭
honestly AQA did us dirtyyy with paper 1 and paper 2
Reply 17
AQA AS Chemistry Paper 1 who’s with me.
AQA AS biology Paper 2 also - The two last 5/6 marker 😭😭
Reply 18
Original post by hearts4uallxo
MEEEEEE im so scared for bio omd. ive been struggling to balance geography, psychology and bio this half term and I have all three subjects on the 5th, 6th and 7th next week😭😭
honestly AQA did us dirtyyy with paper 1 and paper 2

no cause next week is HELL - 3 exams nah im praying for a miracle especially biology😭
what exam board do you do for biology ?
Original post by spygirl123

What board do you do for English Lit?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending