The Student Room Group

Should the death penalty be reinstated? Poll!

Poll

Should the death penalty be reinstated? Poll!

I believe that the death penalty should brought back for crimes such as murder, war crimes and terrorism. I don’t believe that we are playing God, but merely acting on His behalf. Vote in the poll🙂

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I think it should be reinstated
Reply 2
Original post by Bazyli

Omg same!
No.
Original post by Bazyli
Omg same!

Eh
Why are you talking to yourself?😂
Original post by Bazyli
Omg same!
Murder is wrong. That's why he deserves the death penalty.
Reply 7
No.
Reply 8
Original post by Obolinda
Why are you talking to yourself?😂

lololol
Reply 9
Original post by Brain Damage
Murder is wrong. That's why he deserves the death penalty.

Nice username 🙂
Original post by Bazyli
Nice username 🙂

I wear it well.
No but perhaps punishment by humiliation. Death is too simple and crude.
NO
Original post by Bazyli
I believe that the death penalty should brought back for crimes such as murder, war crimes and terrorism. I don’t believe that we are playing God, but merely acting on His behalf. Vote in the poll🙂

Since when was God part of the judicial system. Punishment should not be dished out with emotion. And death penalty doesn't work as a deterent. Plus, there are many innocents who have been killed.

The death penalty only validates the taking of someone's life.
Original post by Bazyli

Man, you believe a lot of controversial things, don't you? .3.
Original post by Bazyli

For a moment - imagine it was your child who had done the killing. Would you still want the death penalty. Imagine also that your child has a mental illness. Would you still want the death penalty.

I accept that these killers should be punished and I understand that it is painful, but taking a life for a life is biblical. We live in the 21st century. Being locked up is a death sentence.
it never went away - look up - 'rendition'
Original post by Max1989
No but perhaps punishment by humiliation. Death is too simple and crude.

Humiliiation - what you gonna do - laugh at their red hair. Get real
Reply 18
It depends. I think that it is wrong for the criminal punishment system to overtly value rehabilitation over punishment, and what should be the punishment for pointless murder?
Reply 19
Original post by squeakysquirrel
For a moment - imagine it was your child who had done the killing. Would you still want the death penalty. Imagine also that your child has a mental illness. Would you still want the death penalty.

I accept that these killers should be punished and I understand that it is painful, but taking a life for a life is biblical. We live in the 21st century. Being locked up is a death sentence.

I appreciate your point of view. I just think there needs to be a greater deterrent. There were actually fewer murders committed when the death penalty was enforced, but I agree it can be seen as out of touch

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending