The Student Room Group

energy lost for GCSEs

So halfway through with the final 2 weeks starting tmr.
Is it just me that has completely lost all their energy to revise??
I legit can't sit down and revise and I don't know why.
Was revising fine before the holidays and proper sweating out but this half term kinda messed me up cos got too relaxed and now I just can't focus.
The urgency of revising will definitely hit you after your first exam back, think about how you only have 2 weeks left to motivate you! 14 days and you're off for the longest summer of your life. If you need to, hand your phone over to your parents and ask them to keep it during the day and evening to help you focus!
Original post by Randoman019
Was revising fine before the holidays and proper sweating out but this half term kinda messed me up cos got too relaxed and now I just can't focus.

You’re not the only one it happened to me. Right now I’m meant to be revising history but I just can’t.
Original post by Pandaface55
You’re not the only one it happened to me. Right now I’m meant to be revising history but I just can’t.

Same, can’t be ****ed anymore. I hate history so much, biggest mistake of my life, not even joking. If I could change one decision I made in life, it would be changing history to computer science. Jesus Christ why did no one tell me not to take this awful subject?
Aha thanks for that, wasn't really thinking too much about the time after the exams :smile:
Original post by Siobha
The urgency of revising will definitely hit you after your first exam back, think about how you only have 2 weeks left to motivate you! 14 days and you're off for the longest summer of your life. If you need to, hand your phone over to your parents and ask them to keep it during the day and evening to help you focus!
Once you've done those History exams you'll never have to do it again, so just cram as much as possible despite the hatred and do your best- it'll be worth it. I hated Chem with a passion and the thought of never doing it again dragged me through revision
Original post by Maximus 190
Same, can’t be ****ed anymore. I hate history so much, biggest mistake of my life, not even joking. If I could change one decision I made in life, it would be changing history to computer science. Jesus Christ why did no one tell me not to take this awful subject?

Maybe you need to take a little break, give yourself time to recharge and then you can tackle revision head on again. As you said, you were 'sweating it out' - it might be that you are getting a little tired. Perhaps give yourself 'permission' to do something you enjoy without feeling guilty that you should be revising.

Good luck with the rest of your exams :smile:
i dont think ive ever related more with an opinion. cant seem to sit and revise.. its really frustating meee :mad:
Original post by arpitach
Literally revision is just such a drag, I can't be asked anymore

Do you do history?

same bro same im so done with this sh**
I thought i was the only one :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest