The Student Room Group

Exercise

I am 17 and i wanted to lose weight so i went on a calorie defecit I used to eat about 1800-2200 calories a day and now i eat around 800-1200 calories a day and i lost some body fat i also go on walks for 2 miles 5 times a week. I lost some belly fat but my love handles havent reduced by much and I am worried whether I should be doing more keep in mind I weigh around 70kg and I am 5'11 will i start to lose weight soon or am i doing something wrong.
Reply 1
Original post by anon2911
I am 17 and i wanted to lose weight so i went on a calorie defecit I used to eat about 1800-2200 calories a day and now i eat around 800-1200 calories a day and i lost some body fat i also go on walks for 2 miles 5 times a week. I lost some belly fat but my love handles havent reduced by much and I am worried whether I should be doing more keep in mind I weigh around 70kg and I am 5'11 will i start to lose weight soon or am i doing something wrong.

You do not need to lose weight, and 800 (and even 1200) calories is nowhere near enough to meet your energy requirements. You are still developing, and restricting your intake could have serious consequences on your health further down the line. People are different shapes and sizes, and that's ok. I'm the heaviest I've ever been but also the healthiest and happiest. :smile:

If you're struggling at all with negative thoughts about the way you look, or how much you're eating or exercising, please speak to someone, such as a parent or teacher or GP.
Reply 2
Exercise is the best things to maintain your body fit and healthy but you need guidance from an expert for better results ..
Reply 3
This is the right decision to start counting calories. I think you should read more about it here https://betterme.world/articles/3-day-a-week/ . You will be able to choose the appropriate diet and exercises that you can perform at the same time as the list of calories!
(edited 3 months ago)
Original post by anon2911

yo do more exercise (walking is barely exercise tbh) and eat a bit more and eat well - like protein and fat for breakfast, light lunch with carbs for energy, protein and veg for dinner, and maybe fruit or brown toast for snacks. try more vigorous cardio and some weightlifting to up your metabolism and general feelings of energy
Reply 5
I agree counting calories also helped me lose weight now I am on keto diet and need to eat not more then 2000 calories per day it really helps to lose weight and you definitely do not overeat more than your norm and lose weight
(edited 2 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest