Original post by Ape Gone Insane
LIES! :fuhrer:

You're worse than DoktaUH and his counting/Rani speculation :colonhash:

:shifty:

how ironic that you call me a liar when i was indeed telling the truth
Original post by big-boss-91
how ironic that you call me a liar when i was indeed telling the truth

I believe you. :awesome:
Though I can imagine working on set to lessen the experience and appreciation somewhat of the final product, some may say that it enhances the overall experience, but (from the little of ...) watching behind the scenes work and set management detracts me from the experience. It's like explaining the science behind the Northern Lights, you don't really want to know.

Maybe that's just me. Probably.
Reply 7063

is it a bad time to say that i worked on the sets for season 6 of doctor who for university? although i can't say a damned thing as i signed a contract to keep my trap shut until the series return in easter

Very bad time. :colonhash:
Though I can imagine working on set to lessen the experience and appreciation somewhat of the final product, some may say that it enhances the overall experience, but (from the little of ...) watching behind the scenes work and set management detracts me from the experience. It's like explaining the science behind the Northern Lights, you don't really want to know.

Maybe that's just me. Probably.

i understand what you mean, it actually feels magical being on the sets for doctor who (the Tardis and a set for one of the episode). it doesn't ruin the the experience as the script is classified to the set designers and the constructors workers. only the production designer read the script and simply told the designers to design a certain item or set etc.

i know what the new set is based on but i will never know what will happen on the set.

watching doctor who after being on the Tardis actually enhanced the viewing experience knowing how the knobs and buttons works :smile:

although sometimes when you hear rumours on the set, the rumours are often true and real. i don't think this is spoiler worthy but all the doctor who's aliens that appeared before will never return this season, all villains and aliens are original.. thats what the rumour we hear was
LIES! :fuhrer:

You're worse than DoktaUH and his counting/Rani speculation :colonhash:

:shifty:

You called....

Badger
i understand what you mean, it actually feels magical being on the sets for doctor who (the Tardis and a set for one of the episode). it doesn't ruin the the experience as the script is classified to the set designers and the constructors workers. only the production designer read the script and simply told the designers to design a certain item or set etc.

i know what the new set is based on but i will never know what will happen on the set.

watching doctor who after being on the Tardis actually enhanced the viewing experience knowing how the knobs and buttons works :smile:

although sometimes when you hear rumours on the set, the rumours are often true and real. i don't think this is spoiler worthy but all the doctor who's aliens that appeared before will never return this season, all villains and aliens are original.. thats what the rumour we hear was

Unfortunately set spies have revealed (via photographs) that this rumour is false, and there are indeed returning aliens.
Original post by LastLordofTime
Unfortunately set spies have revealed (via photographs) that this rumour is false, and there are indeed returning aliens.

I think anyone with sense would've taken that rumour with a pinch of salt, theres no way there'd be a season without Daleks (they even got some into the specials year ffs.)
Original post by LastLordofTime

ah the sontarians? i said that there won't be any old "enemies", for all we know, they could be allies or a separate plot fighting the mysterious silence
I worked on the set too.

Spoiler

Original post by Colonel.
I worked on the set too.

Spoiler

:woo:
I, for one, have never worked on the set of Dr. Who.
I've just heard on twitter that Nicholas Courtney (Brigadier Sir Alistair Gordon Lethbridge-Stewart), has passed away at the age of 81.

:rip:
It seems to be true as multiple fan sites are also reporting it :sadnod:

In other, less sad news, the rumours going around suggest Doctor Who might start on Easter Weekend with the opening two parter airing over two nights (saturday and sunday). I originally guesstimated that the series would come late march (going from the BBC3 repeats of series 5) but as they started showing two a week my calculations were therefore wrong.
Reply 7074
R.I.P Nicholas Courtney

I'm looking forward to it being back on! I'm sad your calculations were wrong though because that means we have to wait longer. Is it true that they are splitting the series into two? One for Spring and one for Autumn.
Original post by Miluiel
R.I.P Nicholas Courtney

I'm looking forward to it being back on! I'm sad your calculations were wrong though because that means we have to wait longer. Is it true that they are splitting the series into two? One for Spring and one for Autumn.

Yeah, it's being split in two. But it means we get two series finales (well, stories of that awesomeness) which is definitely worth the wait between. Plus, Torchwood will bridge the gap between the two anyway :smile:
Reply 7076
I hadn't thought of that :biggrin: Yay!

I'm glad they are putting Torchwood on in the middle. I know I should probably ask this on the TW thread, but do you think the new TW series will be better/worse?
All I can say is that it will be different. I tend to reserve judgement until I see it.
I thought children of earth was very good so will wait and see :smile:
This thread right here might have just become my favourite place on the interwebs :love:

Latest