Report 2 weeks ago
Assessment centre a week tomorrow... hopefully get my lesson topics soon
arco1989
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by FolkPixie)
will do I'm quite looking forward to it now, more nervous about travelling & the logistics of it!
I used my time before this week to really swot up on the competencies and on Teach First....planning the lesson and refining it to be only 7 minutes has taken me much longer than i thought (though i don't have much spare time to do it) so im glad i prepared as much as i could before x
Good luck today
FolkPixie
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Thank you I didnt get a spot but it was a really enjoyable day and genuinely glad I had the experience...waiting on feedback. Good luck to the rest of you!
zeellis
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by arco1989)
Assessment centre a week tomorrow... hopefully get my lesson topics soon
How are you feeling about the topics?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
arco1989
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by zeellis)
How are you feeling about the topics?
I had hoped one would stand out. I’m thinking maths or English KS2 but want to do some research. What about you?
zeellis
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I'm probably gonna go with KS3 Biology. I think I'm gonna struggle with 7 minutes haha
arco1989
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
7 minutes is tough. I’m feeling a little overwhelmed about the whole thing to be honest. I’ve had a few negative comments towards wanting to go into teaching. Need to get cracking with all my prep. How are you getting there on the day?
zeellis
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
7 minutes is tough. I’m feeling a little overwhelmed about the whole thing to be honest. I’ve had a few negative comments towards wanting to go into teaching. Need to get cracking with all my prep. How are you getting there on the day?
Me too... Oh really? That sucks. I'm getting a coach the day before and staying the night then getting the train in the morning. what about you?
arco1989
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I’m getting the train in the morning. Think I get into st Pancras at 8:45 so should have enough time to get to Greenwich. It’s going to be a long day but I’m looking forward to it. Then will hopefully find out quickly if successful or not
zeellis
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Yeah, I'm hoping to find out quickly after. I'm so nervous
arco1989
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Nerves won’t hit me until I’m actually there. I’ve heard it’s a friendly day so hopefully the nerves will settle quickly. I’ve not started any lesson prep yet so need to get a wriggle on
laurenjade24
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I understand it seems very overwhelming, I for sure was very overwhelmed when I was prepping for my selection day, however, once your there, and get chatting to everyone, you’ll soon see that everyone is feeling the same or similar, you’ll soon feel relaxed. And the lesson, even though it may seem the most daunting as 7 minutes is not a long time, but for me it was the best part of the day, just be engaging, be yourself, be passionate and attentive, you’ll do great 😊
arco1989
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by laurenjade24)
I understand it seems very overwhelming, I for sure was very overwhelmed when I was prepping for my selection day, however, once your there, and get chatting to everyone, you’ll soon see that everyone is feeling the same or similar, you’ll soon feel relaxed. And the lesson, even though it may seem the most daunting as 7 minutes is not a long time, but for me it was the best part of the day, just be engaging, be yourself, be passionate and attentive, you’ll do great 😊
Thank you. I appreciate it. I’m usually a calm, relaxed and fairly confident person. Hopefully when I feel more prepared I will relax a little more. It’s definitely very exciting 😊
FolkPixie
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
It's a very nice, co-operative atmosphere on the day because everyone is in the same boat and you're not in competition with each other...

I really struggled with the 7 minutes and it's the lesson where I fell down mostly....the main thing I took away from it is to stick to your plan! Mine went out of the window ....

I really enjoyed the day though and it was a good experience

Best of luck! X
sophie_ventures
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Just got an offer for Maths in the North East - is anybody else doing the same or in the same region?

I’m a little gutted because I’d really wanted to be closer to London or down south, but I’m still so so excited to be on the programme!
shaunagabrielaaa
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by sophie_ventures)
Just got an offer for Maths in the North East - is anybody else doing the same or in the same region?

I’m a little gutted because I’d really wanted to be closer to London or down south, but I’m still so so excited to be on the programme!
Congratulations! When was your assessment centre ??
sophie_ventures
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by shaunagabrielaaa)
Congratulations! When was your assessment centre ??
Thanks!! It was last Tuesday, the 30th July - so I heard back way quicker than the 10 working days they said it would be!
hjones1993
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Congratulations! Did they call you to tell you you'd got an offer or was it by email?
hjones1993
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I'm sorry you didn't get a spot, did they tell you via email or over the phone? Did it take them long to get back to you? Thanks!
sophie_ventures
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by hjones1993)
Congratulations! Did they call you to tell you you'd got an offer or was it by email?
I just got an email titled ‘provisional offer’ and my point of contact emailed after to set up a call to go over everything tomorrow ☺️
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (209)
12.76%
Excited (146)
8.91%
Worried (296)
18.07%
Terrified (370)
22.59%
Meh (150)
9.16%
Confused (36)
2.2%
Putting on a brave face (224)
13.68%
Impatient (207)
12.64%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise