The Student Room Group

PGDE Scotland 2024

I can’t find another thread (sorry if there is!) for 2024 applicants so I thought I would make one. I am applying for Primary at Dundee and Edinburgh. Really hoping I get in and that I hear back sooner than last time!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by natashac99
I can’t find another thread (sorry if there is!) for 2024 applicants so I thought I would make one. I am applying for Primary at Dundee and Edinburgh. Really hoping I get in and that I hear back sooner than last time!

Hiya, I was looking for a 2024 thread ages ago, I was beginning to think that no one was applying for PGDE this year 😂. I’ve applied to Aberdeen, Glasgow, Strathclyde and Edinburgh for PGDE secondary teaching in history. I agree that last year they took ages to reply, but I’m also hoping that because I’ve applied a lot earlier that I will hear back sooner.
Reply 2
I just got an invitation for interview at Dundee in January!! So quick, did not expect that at all
Original post by GemGem0594
Hiya, I was looking for a 2024 thread ages ago, I was beginning to think that no one was applying for PGDE this year 😂. I’ve applied to Aberdeen, Glasgow, Strathclyde and Edinburgh for PGDE secondary teaching in history. I agree that last year they took ages to reply, but I’m also hoping that because I’ve applied a lot earlier that I will hear back sooner.

Best wishes and good luck with your application @GemGem0594

I was in your position last year applying for a History PGDE and had submitted early too. Most unis took until the new year to reply and it can defienlty be a nerve wracking wait.
Hi, I also have an interview for Dundee in January for PGDE Maths. I also thought this was quite quick too. I have also applied to Strathclyde, Edinburgh and Glasgow.
Original post by Dylan Halliday
Hi, I also have an interview for Dundee in January for PGDE Maths. I also thought this was quite quick too. I have also applied to Strathclyde, Edinburgh and Glasgow.

I have an interview with Napier (Edinburgh) next week for PGDE Maths. I've also applied for Edinburgh so hopefully I get an interview for there too.

How is your preparation for Dundee's interview going?
Original post by kimbarclay83
I have an interview with Napier (Edinburgh) next week for PGDE Maths. I've also applied for Edinburgh so hopefully I get an interview for there too.

Oh brilliant! I wish you the best of luck with your Napier one. I have started reading texts for Dundee. Is your Napier, how's your prep for Napier? I am hoping to hear back from the rest soon as well. The wait and suspense is hard at times.
Oh brilliant! I wish you the best of luck with your Napier one. I have started reading texts for Dundee. Is your Napier, how's your prep for Napier? I am hoping to hear back from the rest soon as well. The wait and suspense is hard at times.

The wait is nerve wracking. I'm refresh ucas and the Einburgh portal way too often.

I think I have the main things I want to get across clear in my head but it's only a 30 minute webchat, so not much time. I need to narrow down my questions to those that are most important to me. And try to think of what else they might ask me.
The wait is nerve wracking. I'm refresh ucas and the Einburgh portal way too often.

I think I have the main things I want to get across clear in my head but it's only a 30 minute webchat, so not much time. I need to narrow down my questions to those that are most important to me. And try to think of what else they might ask me.

Yeah I was refreshing UCAS quite a lot, then stopped and realised you get an email from them if there's an update, so now I keep refreshing my emails. Good luck with Napier!!
Reply 9
Original post by GemGem0594

Hi there!

I have applied for the same course at the same unis! I was also starting to think there wasn't 2024 applicants!
Hi folks, that's me completed my presentation for Dundee. Wishing everyone all the best with interviews!
Original post by ErinB21
Hi there!

I have applied for the same course at the same unis! I was also starting to think there wasn't 2024 applicants!

Hiya, finally there is another person applying for the same course. It was all quiet on the western front for a while there. Do you have a preference in terms of uni? And of course best of luck in your application, the wait is killing me
Hi, I am attending an interview for the University of Glasgow next week, so pleased!
Reply 13
Im wondering if a lot of people are put off primary teaching because of the abysmal jobs situation…we must be crazy!
Reply 14
Hi everyone,

I'm a PGDE History student who's currently at Glasgow. I was unsuccessful in the 2022 entry for the PGDE. However, I was successful for 2023 entry. I'm almost finished my first placement.

If anyone has any questions etc., please feel free to ask.

Good luck to you all!

Hi, how did your Napier interview go? I had an interview for Glasgow yesterday, and I think it went okay.
Hi, how did your Napier interview go? I had an interview for Glasgow yesterday, and I think it went okay.

It went really well. Their course seems really practical and hands on with the theory integrated into observations from the beginning.

I got an email from Edinburgh to say I'd hear in the new year if being offered an interview.

Was it just an interview for Glasgow or did you have to do any group activities/presentations?
It went really well. Their course seems really practical and hands on with the theory integrated into observations from the beginning.

I got an email from Edinburgh to say I'd hear in the new year if being offered an interview.

Was it just an interview for Glasgow or did you have to do any group activities/presentations?

Yeah, I got the same from Edinburgh. It went okay, it was 15 minute interview (they gave the questions in advance) and then a 30 minute written task. They said, I would hear back in 5 working days. Good luck!
Yeah, I got the same from Edinburgh. It went okay, it was 15 minute interview (they gave the questions in advance) and then a 30 minute written task. They said, I would hear back in 5 working days. Good luck!

A written task for maths? Hope it was soem lovely maths problems.

I ended up taking to my interviewer for a further 30 minutes after the interview part. But it was mainly chat around some books I might be interested in. I ended up ordering one which arrived this week and is a really good book on different methods for how different people learn.
A written task for maths? Hope it was soem lovely maths problems.

I ended up taking to my interviewer for a further 30 minutes after the interview part. But it was mainly chat around some books I might be interested in. I ended up ordering one which arrived this week and is a really good book on different methods for how different people learn.

Yeah, everyone gets a written task for entry. They want to see if you can communicate well, both verbally and written. I got to end of question 1 and she asked me more about my experience in schools (which I have had). Hopefully you hear back soon!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending