The Student Room Group

University of Cambridge PGCE Applicants 2024-2025

Hello, I thought I would start this thread to see what courses everyone is applying for. I applied for Secondary Mathematics.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi, my name is Rosie and I've applied for Early Primary PGCE - I have been invited for interview but am waiting for a confirmation of dates/times :smile:
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by ratkinnnn
Hi, my name is Rosie and I've applied for Early Primary PGCE - I have been invited for interview but am waiting for a confirmation of dates/times :smile:

Congratulations! Did they give you any details about what you will do during the interview? When did you find out you was selected for interview? I’m still waiting for any kind of response 😅
Reply 3
Hi! Congrats all on getting your interviews! I have an interview coming up for general primary :smile: I am a bit worried about the written assessment - I have the essay to read for preparation but not really sure how else to prepare other than reading it and making notes! Have any of you had your interviews yet? if so, how did you find it all?
Reply 4
Best of luck with your interview! I would think what you are doing to prepare for the written assessment is all that’s possible. I haven’t been invited for interview for the secondary math course here at Cambridge yet, but I do have one with Oxford on Thursday which has the same type of task(they will email a written task the day before the interview and I’m required to send them a scanned copy of my work before 9 am on the day of interview) , I think In general they are looking to see if you can write neatly with correct grammar and punctuation, whilst also being able to layout your ideas clearly.

May I ask what the article is about that they have gave you?

I have already completed an interview at one provider and have been given a conditional offer. In the interview they asked the obvious questions why you want to teach, how you would promote diversity and inclusion within the classroom and what you would do to address challenging behaviour and what some of the reasons are for why students can be disruptive.
Reply 5
Original post by Scary
Hello, I thought I would start this thread to see what courses everyone is applying for. I applied for Secondary Mathematics.

Hi! I have an interview for secondary English on the 14th :smile: the nerves are beginning to get to me!
Reply 6
Original post by DizzyFluff
Hi! I have an interview for secondary English on the 14th :smile: the nerves are beginning to get to me!

Firstly, congratulations on your interview & best of luck for it! I’m sure you will do great, try to stay calm and focus on your reasons for becoming a teacher
Reply 7
I’ve been invited for the secondary math pgce interview!
Reply 8
Original post by Scary
I’ve been invited for the secondary math pgce interview!

Congrats!!
Reply 9
Hey! I'm Sarah and I've applied for the General Primary PGCE. Got an interview in December 😊
Reply 10
Hey! I’m Sophie - I had my interview for secondary geography PGCE at Cambridge today! The staff are lovely and make you feel really relaxed - mine also gave me feedback on how it went straight away which was great! I had two tasks to do on the day which I couldn’t prepare, however they gave me prep time as long as I needed, and they don’t expect you to know everything. They mainly want to know a little more about you, your current studies and knowledge base, and anything you already know about teaching/experience. Hope this helps a bit and good luck everyone!
Reply 11
I have an interview for Primary next week! I'm really nervous about it- especially the written task!
Reply 12
I had my interview for Early Primary last Wednesday and have been offered a place for September! The interview process honestly wasn't as scary as I was envisioning - the staff were encouraging and the written task wasn't too difficult - you have a long time to plan and write it! I hope everyone's interviews go well - best of luck! :smile:
Reply 13
Just applied for the general primary PGCE course for 2024! Hopefully I hear something soon!
Reply 14
Just got an offer for the General Primary course this morning after having my interview this Tuesday! I'm still weighing up a few different options, but I think I will probably accept Cambridge!
Best of luck to everyone else with their applications and interviews x
(edited 4 months ago)
Reply 15
Original post by mads.xo
Just got an offer for the General Primary course this morning after having my interview this Tuesday! I'm still weighing up a few different options, but I think I will probably accept Cambridge!
Best of luck to everyone else with their applications and interviews x

Congratulations! Well done. How was the interview? I have mine next week and am worried about the presentation!
Reply 16
Original post by BorisCat
Congratulations! Well done. How was the interview? I have mine next week and am worried about the presentation!

Thank you! Try not to stress too much, it was a bit nerve-racking at first, but the interview panel and the other interviewees were lovely so I felt very comfortable 🙂 The presentation was okay as well, I used note cards for mine so I didn't forget what I was saying but you don't have to. Good luck for the interview, I'm sure you'll do great!
Reply 17
Thank you! I really appreciate your message and wish you lots of luck for the future! 😀
Reply 18
I got an offer for general primary as well!
Reply 19
Original post by CLS25
I got an offer for general primary as well!

congrats!! are you planning on accepting it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending