The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by philip.13o+++++
Is that 8s in everything or just sciences and maths

For non science subjects like psychology you need a 7

8 or above in the subjects you intend to study and the rest have to make a gpa of 7. Its on the school website.
Original post by student4986
8 or above in the subjects you intend to study and the rest have to make a gpa of 7. Its on the school website.

Thanks for clarifying

i am pretty sure u will be fine even if u get a 7. but if u get more thats better
Original post by WoTiFix
i am pretty sure u will be fine even if u get a 7. but if u get more thats better

Ok
Just the sciences you want to do and maths. Also if u want to do psychology, u need a minimum of grade 8 in biology if u didn't take psychology at GCSE.
If you will get 7 to 8 GPA, it will work fine as per past experience. For the prediction of the GPA or CPGA, you must know the GPA Calculation method. Then, you will just focus on your marks and achieve your desired GPA. This video, may helpful for you.
Original post by Yousafbutta
If you will get 7 to 8 GPA, it will work fine as per past experience. For the prediction of the GPA or CPGA, you must know the GPA Calculation method. Then, you will just focus on your marks and achieve your desired GPA. This video, may helpful for you.

Thank you
Original post by student4986
Those are really great preditions, you defo have a chance getting an offer. Make sure you have a gpa at 7 or above. But you look like you have a strong chance of getting an offer. Just make sure you can get a good reference from your head of year. But remember that an offer doesn't 100% mean your in. An offer means that on enrolment day if u meet the grades your guaranteed to get in. But, ikno ppl that got an offer but didn't meet the grades by actual results day. Dont let your predictions get to your head, work hard this year and put in the work and your sure to get the grades and go whichever sixthform you want. Good luckk.

Doesnt an offer mean you basically got in and interview is basically for them to get to know you? helpp
Original post by kinderbuenoxoxo
Doesnt an offer mean you basically got in and interview is basically for them to get to know you? helpp

Yeah you're all good if u got an offer, just make sure u work hard and meet the requirements on results day,and if u do meet it, make sure u get there early! Also, don't worry too much about the interview, it is just to get to know you, and to make sure your subject combination makes sense for what u want to do in uni. If u have any other questions on Brampton, then lmk :h:
Original post by headless chick
Yeah you're all good if u got an offer, just make sure u work hard and meet the requirements on results day,and if u do meet it, make sure u get there early! Also, don't worry too much about the interview, it is just to get to know you, and to make sure your subject combination makes sense for what u want to do in uni. If u have any other questions on Brampton, then lmk :h:

Oh okay thank you. I live in east london but not in newham boruough i live like 20-30 mins away depends on traffic etc do u think i cn stillget a place? Towerhamlets
Oh okay thank you. I live in east london but not in newham boruough i live like 20-30 mins away depends on traffic etc do u think i cn stillget a place? Towerhamlets

Defo, I dont think where you live matters too much in terms of getting a place - I know people that come from tower hamlets, some even from outer London! Tbh, its up to you if u can come to school on time, because you need to be at school by 8:10 am everyday, and they take punctuality very seriously ( half an hour detention, and £5 cut off from your bursary if ur late i think)
Defo, I dont think where you live matters too much in terms of getting a place - I know people that come from tower hamlets, some even from outer London! Tbh, its up to you if u can come to school on time, because you need to be at school by 8:10 am everyday, and they take punctuality very seriously ( half an hour detention, and £5 cut off from your bursary if ur late i think)

omg thats so early i wake up at 8 am
i guess ill have to leave at like 7:15 or something
what time do u leave?
and also what time does it finish
omg thats so early i wake up at 8 am
i guess ill have to leave at like 7:15 or something
what time do u leave?
and also what time does it finish

Well I live in east london too, but I leave a bit early (around 7) because the buses and traffic is so unpredictable in the morning. The school is open from 6 am anyways so you can be there really early if you want to get some extra revision done in the study centre. The school day finishes at 2:35, but on one day of the week you have 6 periods, and so you finish at 3:35. But same, I used to wake up at 8 am too, and ngl I'm still not used to it :s-smilie:
(edited 3 years ago)
Well I live in east london too, but I leave a bit early (around 7) because the buses and traffic is so unpredictable in the morning. The school is open from 6 am anyways so you can be there really early if you want to get some extra revision done in the study centre. The school day finishes at 2:35, but on one day of the week you have 6 periods, and so you finish at 3:35. But same, I used to wake up at 8 am too, and ngl I'm still not used to it :s-smilie:

2:35 is actually alright as my school finishes at 3:45 loool
what you got in gcses if u dont mind?
2:35 is actually alright as my school finishes at 3:45 loool
what you got in gcses if u dont mind?

Grade 9: Biology, Chemistry, R.E
8 : Maths, Physics, English Lit + Lang
7: Statistics
6: French ( yh I hated french)
Reply 36
Do u think i could get accepted into brampton with predictions of 567777799 ?
Biology-9
Chemistry-9
Maths-7
Both english’s - 7,7
I want to study bio chem maths and physcology coming September and my gpa is 7.1
Original post by sdar1
Do u think i could get accepted into brampton with predictions of 567777799 ?
Biology-9
Chemistry-9
Maths-7
Both english’s - 7,7
I want to study bio chem maths and physcology coming September and my gpa is 7.1

Good chance if u apply however maths needs to be an 8, besides that defo
Reply 38
Yes my school confirmed predicted grades with everyone today and mine have been changed to 7777777788 but maths is still a 7 unfortunately as they are using ks2 sats grades unless u got higher in ur mock then u use that
Reply 39
Hi, my dream is to go to Brampton but my mocks went terrible. I'm a grade 9 student across all my subjects but idk what happened in these mocks. I did terrible. I started getting a few a back, and to say the least it's horrible. What am I gonna do? I always got 8/9s before the mocks and always smashed it in class. I'm very disappointed of my grades. I got 5 in biology and chemistry and 4 in physics, 5 in maths (non calc) , 6 in English lit, 7 in English language, 6 in history, and 7 in maths (calc) so far. I'm doomed, I don't know what happened, I was so stressed, I studied everyday as usual but this is not good. Do you guys think Brampton will take me with these mock grades? Be honest please. 2nd question, if I get all 8/9s and maybe like two 7s in my actual GCSEs, will Brampton take me after?

Latest