The Student Room Group

which sixth form is better- brampton, lae or ncs?

i want to do paediatrics (medicine) but i don't know which school is the best for me.

my predicted grades are all 7-9s but i don't know if it will be enough for these schools as for the subjects i'm taking they're all 8s.
also, i've applied to brampton and whilst everyone is getting interviews, i'm not. should i be worried? also, i want to go study in an oxbridge university so i'm not sure which would be advantageous to study there.
: )

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mariiiii
i want to do paediatrics (medicine) but i don't know which school is the best for me.

my predicted grades are all 7-9s but i don't know if it will be enough for these schools as for the subjects i'm taking they're all 8s.
also, i've applied to brampton and whilst everyone is getting interviews, i'm not. should i be worried? also, i want to go study in an oxbridge university so i'm not sure which would be advantageous to study there.
: )

Hello, Im in the same situation and heavily considering Medicine wanting to take Maths, Biology, Chemistry and Maybe physics. I applied like last week and have mot heard back about an interview yet. What A levels do u wanna take ?
Good evening, sorry for going a bit off topic but I'm interested in applying for Brampton Manor Sixth Form.
I'm quite happy with the prospectus, admissions, dress code, location etc but the one thing on my mind is the school times. For the Academy (Y7-11) it is stated that the school day begins around 7:30am and finishes around 2:45pm but never gives any info about the sixth form times. I have heard around that BM sixth form usually finishes around 7pm while most finish at 4:30pm latest. Please if you have the correct school times for the BM sixth form kindly share.

Thank you!
I asked in the interview and they told me for sixth form it starts at 8:10 and ends at 2:35
Original post by philip.13o+++++
Hello, Im in the same situation and heavily considering Medicine wanting to take Maths, Biology, Chemistry and Maybe physics. I applied like last week and have mot heard back about an interview yet. What A levels do u wanna take ?

i originally chose biology, chemistry, psychology and maths however he changed it to further maths so i'm kind of scared about that.
I am in the same boat wanting to do medicine and I am taking bio chem maths french. They tried to convince me to take physics but I declined. I'm sure that once offers come out you can contact the school to see if they can change anything
Reply 6
Seven Kings.
Original post by x_precious_x
I am in the same boat wanting to do medicine and I am taking bio chem maths french. They tried to convince me to take physics but I declined. I'm sure that once offers come out you can contact the school to see if they can change anything

i asked and they said they don't necessarily would want someone to change their courses so i'm not sure
oh. good luck. I'm sure it will be fine :smile:
Original post by .N.A.
Seven Kings.

is seven kings a good school? i applied to it as my backup because i live quite close to the school
oh. good luck. I'm sure it will be fine :smile:

thank you, you too!
Reply 11
Yeah, it's much less intense than Brampton, NCS or LAE. Although their results seem bad in comparison to the other Sixth Forms, it's because they have much lower entry requirements. They offer loads of opportunities and have quite a good reputation TBH

Was ot Brampton who tried to convince you to take physics?
yes
yes

I chose Maths, biology, Chemistry and physics because I don't know if I wanted to do medicine and biochemistry or engineering, They wanted me to pick because if I wanna go to top unis for engineering I need further maths. But I'm still taking those 4 atm and hoping I get an offer
Original post by philip.13o+++++
I chose Maths, biology, Chemistry and physics because I don't know if I wanted to do medicine and biochemistry or engineering, They wanted me to pick because if I wanna go to top unis for engineering I need further maths. But I'm still taking those 4 atm and hoping I get an offer

I didn't mind the pressure because they just want to make sure that you take the right subject combination but I'm worried I won't be able to take french since it is rather unusual
I didn't mind the pressure because they just want to make sure that you take the right subject combination but I'm worried I won't be able to take french since it is rather unusual

hii again!! one of my friends went to lae and now is in cambridge uni doing medicine and her fourth subject was french so don't worry too much about it
hii again!! one of my friends went to lae and now is in cambridge uni doing medicine and her fourth subject was french so don't worry too much about it

thank god thanks for letting me know
thank god thanks for letting me know

: ) what school did you guys decide to go to, by the way?
: ) what school did you guys decide to go to, by the way?

I think I will go brampton

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending