The Student Room Group

background check-- Morgan Stanley / Bank of America

Hey,
Does any of you have experience with the background check of Bank of America or Morgan Stanley internship programme? For some reason, if they contact my previous employer, there will be some awkward conversations going on.
Does BAML and MS background involve giving contacts/references for your past employments? Or just a payslip/contract is enough?
Thanks a lot!!!
I've done background before but it wasn't for MS or BAML. All I can say is some companies accept payslips whilst some want to speak with the employer directly. I worked for a small shop before and all they did was call to verified that I once worked and I had payslips to back this up. It's only awkward if you're done something wrong i.e: misconduct and etc.
Original post by 200 dreams
Hey,
Does any of you have experience with the background check of Bank of America or Morgan Stanley internship programme? For some reason, if they contact my previous employer, there will be some awkward conversations going on.
Does BAML and MS background involve giving contacts/references for your past employments? Or just a payslip/contract is enough?
Thanks a lot!!!

For most banks they use a Third party to do their background checks. You don't have to do anything and you won't hear anything unless things go wrong. You can PM me what the issue would be if you want. They usually only chekc if you were employed as per the dates you disclosed and in the division you mentionned.
Reply 3
Original post by Goldenparadise
I've done background before but it wasn't for MS or BAML. All I can say is some companies accept payslips whilst some want to speak with the employer directly. I worked for a small shop before and all they did was call to verified that I once worked and I had payslips to back this up. It's only awkward if you're done something wrong i.e: misconduct and etc.

I accepted a return offer from the place I interned at. However, before I start full time, I wish to have a bit of exposure to different area of finance. That is why I applied another division in another place for summer. I want to see what is best for me. However, if my full time employer knows about I am going to try something new over the summer before joining them, I might get into some trouble or awkward conversation. That is why......
Original post by 200 dreams
I accepted a return offer from the place I interned at. However, before I start full time, I wish to have a bit of exposure to different area of finance. That is why I applied another division in another place for summer. I want to see what is best for me. However, if my full time employer knows about I am going to try something new over the summer before joining them, I might get into some trouble or awkward conversation. That is why......

I understand know. That's the one thing I dislike about background checks, is there no one else that you can ask at you workplace? If not try using the payslips and if the screening requires more information you might have to tell your manager again.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending