The Student Room Group

Help plz !!

Hello
I have my GCSEs this year and have been revising since late september / october but its only a little bit (2 to 3 hours). i Had my mocks in november which i revised hard for (5 to 6 hours of revision a day during the half term before the exams and on weekends) and after that i sort of stopped. I thought i would again during my xmas holidays but ive only done a little bit and started revising near the end on my 2nd week (the holiday is 3 weeks). Ive been strssing and thinking that ive not done enough this holiday so i war wondering if anyone can give me any good tips on how to not get distracted and how to not get bored
Also tell me if im overthinking this and the amount ive done this holiday is ok
Original post by PugDogGamer
Hello
I have my GCSEs this year and have been revising since late september / october but its only a little bit (2 to 3 hours). i Had my mocks in november which i revised hard for (5 to 6 hours of revision a day during the half term before the exams and on weekends) and after that i sort of stopped. I thought i would again during my xmas holidays but ive only done a little bit and started revising near the end on my 2nd week (the holiday is 3 weeks). Ive been strssing and thinking that ive not done enough this holiday so i war wondering if anyone can give me any good tips on how to not get distracted and how to not get bored
Also tell me if im overthinking this and the amount ive done this holiday is ok

hi, im gonna be straight up: it doesn't matter how many hours you do, but the quality of your revision and whether it's actually sticking in your brain or just wasted time.

please don't be stressed about not doing much over the holidays! you do need time to relax and reset. the amount you've done is absolutely fine, don't burn out now.

build it up until your exams roll around in may/june. make sure your notes are complete and now it's all about getting the info to stick, so make mindmaps/flashcards whatever resources and then condense condense condense! until you can just remember a few trigger words for a topic and spurt info off them.

then coming into march/april i'd say start looking at exam papers and honing your exam technique.

use your exam specifications! it's literally the exam board telling you what they're going to include in the exam!

Quick Reply

Latest