The Student Room Group
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website

Rejected from University of Westminster but I need to submit an essay?

Hi, I applied to University of Westminster for the post graduate course in events management however, my academic grades in my undergrad course are low (5.75 CPGA where the minimum requirement is 6) so my application was unsuccessful. However, when I called them back they agreed to review my application again after submitting an essay (2000 words). I have 3 years of work experience in the events industry, 7.5 IELTS overall and a reasonably good personal statement. My undergrad course wasn't even related to events. I did a bachelors in computer engineering, hence I was wondering if there is a chance for me.

Are they strict with reviewing the essays? Are my chances very slim in Westminster. Please help!
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, I applied to University of Westminster for the post graduate course in events management however, my academic grades in my undergrad course are low (5.75 CPGA where the minimum requirement is 6) so my application was unsuccessful. However, when I called them back they agreed to review my application again after submitting an essay (2000 words). I have 3 years of work experience in the events industry, 7.5 IELTS overall and a reasonably good personal statement. My undergrad course wasn't even related to events. I did a bachelors in computer engineering, hence I was wondering if there is a chance for me.

Are they strict with reviewing the essays? Are my chances very slim in Westminster. Please help!

Hi there

The admissions team are willing to review your application and have requested a written essay from you. This will be assessed by the course tutor. If the tutor thinks you are suitable for the course and they like what you have written then they will reverse the decision and make you an offer of a place on the course. Therefore you need to write a strong solid essay so the tutor can see evidence of good written skills addressing the essay question. They are looking to see that you will be able to cope studying a different subject area (than your degree) at Masters level. Your Bachelors in Engineering did not possibly offer a huge amount of written course work/dissertation. Therefore this is your chance to show the team here that you have the capabilities to pass the written elements of the programme.

Best of luck!

Kim
Course Enquiries Team
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending