The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Kings Or SOAS ?

I was thinking of applying to Kings Social Science Ba but my predicted grades are AAB and the minimum requirement is AAB and I think this course is too competitive for me to get onto while in soas for politics and international relations its also AAB.
which one should I go for ?
Original post by Anonymous
I was thinking of applying to Kings Social Science Ba but my predicted grades are AAB and the minimum requirement is AAB and I think this course is too competitive for me to get onto while in soas for politics and international relations its also AAB.
which one should I go for ?

You meet the requirements so why not just apply to both?
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by artful_lounger
You meet the requirements so why not just apply to both?

I've already applied to SOAS, City, QMUL, UCL, and UOW. I've received offers from QMUL and UOW. I want to go to UCL. So I was contemplating between applying to SOAS or Kings. I need advice on what to do.
I've already applied to SOAS, City, QMUL, UCL, and UOW. I've received offers from QMUL and UOW. I want to go to UCL. So I was contemplating between applying to SOAS or Kings. I need advice on what to do.

I'm confused. If you've already applied you can't change your existing choices now unless you're in the two week cooling off period after submitting the application. So you just need to wait for your other decisions to come back then pick a firm and insurance choice from those.

Since you didn't apply to Kings then that's off the table anyway.
Reply 4
I'm confused. If you've already applied you can't change your existing choices now unless you're in the two week cooling off period after submitting the application. So you just need to wait for your other decisions to come back then pick a firm and insurance choice from those.

Since you didn't apply to Kings then that's off the table anyway.

I am in the two week cooling off period
I am in the two week cooling off period

In that case, assuming UOW is University of Westminster, I'd swap that choice for KCL and then see how things go.
Reply 6
In that case, assuming UOW is University of Westminster, I'd swap that choice for KCL and then see how things go.

the only reason I applied to the University of Westminister was for backup. Just in case I don't get the grades for my insurance or firm unis. I could potentially call them up and see if they could take me up on the old offer. that is the worst-case scenario though. Do you think it's best to remove it since I could go through clearing and get in?
the only reason I applied to the University of Westminister was for backup. Just in case I don't get the grades for my insurance or firm unis. I could potentially call them up and see if they could take me up on the old offer. that is the worst-case scenario though. Do you think it's best to remove it since I could go through clearing and get in?

What you're describing is clearing anyway. There is no other way to "call up" a uni you don't hold an offer for to ask if they will take you, except via clearing.

You can only hold two offers - a firm and insurance offer. Any other offers have to be rejected and at that point it doesn't matter whether you had an offer before or not - you'd be in the same position as someone who didn't apply there at all.
Reply 8
What you're describing is clearing anyway. There is no other way to "call up" a uni you don't hold an offer for to ask if they will take you, except via clearing.

You can only hold two offers - a firm and insurance offer. Any other offers have to be rejected and at that point it doesn't matter whether you had an offer before or not - you'd be in the same position as someone who didn't apply there at all.

Oh really I never knew that. That was helpful. Thanks a lot I’m going to switch westminsiter with kings now

Quick Reply

Latest