The Student Room Group

Private School Kid

This kid I know who goes to private school and has "ex Oxford professors teach them one on one in a classroom by themselves"is telling me how even though they have all of this extra support, I will be treated exactly the same as them in the application process to oxbridge because our parents are in the same tax bracket even though I go to an ofsted needs improving school, neither of my parents went to uni, and have to rely on amazing people on TSR for support with complex questions which my teachers don't want to make time to help me with...

Is this true ? Surely this is a little unfair..
Original post by lhh2003
This kid I know who goes to private school and has "ex Oxford professors teach them one on one in a classroom by themselves"is telling me how even though they have all of this extra support, I will be treated exactly the same as them in the application process to oxbridge because our parents are in the same tax bracket even though I go to an ofsted needs improving school, neither of my parents went to uni, and have to rely on amazing people on TSR for support with complex questions which my teachers don't want to make time to help me with...

Your school comes into the application process - so if your results are very high for your school then that will be a plus for you. Tax brackets aren't part of the information and, of course, Oxford is trying to improve its % of state school students.
Original post by lhh2003

Your circumstances should be taken into account. For example, when i applied to uni my school was underperforming (A level grades lower then country’s average) this was included in the statement made by the head teacher on everyone’s ucas forms. I even got a reduces offer from Bristol due to this. And I think they ask you on ucas if you’re parents went to uni?...
Of course they can’t know about the the ex oxford professors teaching your friend so the process is not completely fair...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

No trending threads to show

Trending

No trending threads to show