The Student Room Group

Private Colleges for State School Children

Hello Everyone!

I'm in Year 11 and I was wondering if I should apply to any private colleges in London, like City of London School, UCS, Forest, etc. My school is encouraging some students from my year to go to their open days and try to apply for one or two of them. I'm from a state school, and I have great predicted grades, mainly 9's, and a couple of 8's. I am going to apply for the 100% bursaries since I cannot afford to pay the fees, so I was wondering if anyone here goes to these top private sixth forms, and I would like to ask how the bursary process was, roughly how many kids are on 80-100% bursaries in their private sixth form and if students on bursaries may get bullied because they are on bursaries?
(I want to do Maths, Further Maths, Physics, and CompSci as A-Levels)
Thank You!
Reply 1
Hey! I wanted to ask if you managed to get into any of the private schools?
Reply 2
Hi, no I didn’t 😭. I got through UCS’s admissions test and went onto the interviews. But I think there were only like 10 boys places and 60 girls places, and if you wanted a full bursary it was an even smaller chance. Therefore I didn’t get in I guess, but I know a girl in my year who applied too and she got it! (However she didn’t meet the GCSE entry requirements unfortunately 😔.)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending