The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Got an interview at Sheffield, unis don't even have ucat or all applications yet :smile:
Original post by bekkarichards
Got an interview at Sheffield, unis don't even have ucat or all applications yet :smile:

Wow well done!! If u don’t mind me asking, what were your stats?

the same thing happened to me. I think there was a problem. bc I called and the person on the phone said many people were experiencing the same thing.
Original post by sharkboy
the same thing happened to me. I think there was a problem. bc I called and the person on the phone said many people were experiencing the same thing.

yeah I can't physically book it...
yeah I can't physically book it...

dude, i think some problem occurred. there's no way they would give out interviews before deadline and also without receiving our UCAT. shame that was a *****y mistake on their end.
Original post by sharkboy
dude, i think some problem occurred. there's no way they would give out interviews before deadline and also without receiving our UCAT. shame that was a *****y mistake on their end.

way to get people's hope up, there's no slots so I've emailed admissions- can't wait to see how they take the offer away
:h:
Original post by studybuddy1302
Wow well done!! If u don’t mind me asking, what were your stats?

A*AA, 2980 band 2. Hopefully I'll get a real interview when they send them out properly if this one is a mistake
Thank you. have clicked submit now.
(edited 3 years ago)
A*AA, 2980 band 2. Hopefully I'll get a real interview when they send them out properly if this one is a mistake

where else did u apply
Reply 989
Hey guys,

Can I ask if there are any universities which will not consider previous unsuccessful candidates for their medicine course? I know Nottingham only accepts reapplications once and I would like to know if any others do. Thanks!
Hi I wanted to ask if anyone knows whether SGUL specifically doesn’t take retake’students for 2021 entry as they havnt clearly stated and I thought due to covid this may have changed. I’m taking chemistry this autumn I got AAC but in case I don’t get a good Grade this autumn I have summer too? But I’m also being predicted for psychology as a fourth A level which I am doing as an extra. So if someone is aware please let me know thank you. I got an average of 640 band 1 SJTA I think that should be fine for SGUL right?
Original post by GANFYD
Then the completion date of your course is not 2021, then? You cannot put you are intending to complete the course then if you are not yet sure.

Most med schools will not consider someone who has started a medicine course elsewhere, whatever the reason they have left, unless there are significant extenuating circumstances and I am not sure "I felt something better came along" meets that requirement? Maybe not something to mention in the "commitment to medicine" or "understanding the course" sections of any interview.

Man I couldn’t go to the UK cause of financial issues, COVID, and academic issues I think unis
should understand that tbh
Original post by Lailaz16_
Man I couldn’t go to the UK cause of financial issues, COVID, and academic issues I think unis
should understand that tbh

You can try telling them, but they have refused transfers from people with more extreme circumstances in the past
Original post by GANFYD
You can try telling them, but they have refused transfers from people with more extreme circumstances in the past

Yeah I’ll try. But the thing is I won’t be “transferring” to the 2nd year. I’d be applying to the first year of medicine so I think that’s okay (correct me if I’m wrong)
Are fees for EU students going to be higher?
Original post by DoctorAk
Hi I wanted to ask if anyone knows whether SGUL specifically doesn’t take retake’students for 2021 entry as they havnt clearly stated and I thought due to covid this may have changed. I’m taking chemistry this autumn I got AAC but in case I don’t get a good Grade this autumn I have summer too? But I’m also being predicted for psychology as a fourth A level which I am doing as an extra. So if someone is aware please let me know thank you. I got an average of 640 band 1 SJTA I think that should be fine for SGUL right?

They will not accept people who do the exams in both the summer and the autumn, only one exams series but they will take either autumn or summer since you're only sitting the exam for the first time and technically not a "resit".
Reply 996
Original post by meddad
What you've said isn't true at all. There are loads of students at Med School who didn't get in at first attempt, and a few who have taken more than 2 attempts (the most i have seen is success at 6th attempt). Amongst my daughter's close friends at Med School more than half weren't successful first time around and I personally know of 2 med students who received 4 rejections at first attempt and received 4 offers the following year.

Wow that’s amazing - what university did they get into for their 6th attempt? (Im assuming there were various amount of resits)
Original post by Lailaz16_
Yeah I’ll try. But the thing is I won’t be “transferring” to the 2nd year. I’d be applying to the first year of medicine so I think that’s okay (correct me if I’m wrong)

Ypu will be transferring from one medical
School to another, though
Reply 998
Original post by sh63ma
Hi, please can you put me in this thread as well

Does anyone know if any medical schools would accept you if you have resat your Alevels twice?
Meaning in total 3 alevel sittings.
Original post by sh63ma
Does anyone know if any medical schools would accept you if you have resat your Alevels twice?
Meaning in total 3 alevel sittings.

Not really but also depends when you are taking the exams, if you are taking them in autumn I think it will be fine but if you take in summer again you need to double-check with the uni's

Latest

Trending

Trending