The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bekkarichards
One of the med schools I have an interview for needs me to scan in my a level certificates, I've not been given them from my school yet and as it's the weekend I won't get a reply from them and need to send it in by the end of Monday. Has anyone got them from their sixth form yet? if you do then hopefully my school will have them to give to me on time to confirm the interview :smile:

Could you not just ask if you could scan the piece of paper from results day?
Original post by Uzair63
Could you not just ask if you could scan the piece of paper from results day?

Thats what I'll do if I have to but we were only given a piece of paper with the school letter head on and our grades, nothing official from exam boards
Thats what I'll do if I have to but we were only given a piece of paper with the school letter head on and our grades, nothing official from exam boards

I mean just email and ask it’s that acceptable? Cus I know a good amount of people who don’t have their certificates
One of the med schools I have an interview for needs me to scan in my a level certificates, I've not been given them from my school yet and as it's the weekend I won't get a reply from them and need to send it in by the end of Monday. Has anyone got them from their sixth form yet? if you do then hopefully my school will have them to give to me on time to confirm the interview :smile:

Yeah my school had ours available to collect from the 16th so yours should have them soon
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by futuremedic31
Yeah my school had ours available to collect from the 16th so yours should have them soon

awesome thank you!

is this hyms ? because they asked me that too, but i havent heard anything from my college about the certificates and it says if applicable so i wasnt going to submit anything they should have received my grades from UCAS anyway?
Original post by haniab03
is this hyms ? because they asked me that too, but i havent heard anything from my college about the certificates and it says if applicable so i wasnt going to submit anything they should have received my grades from UCAS anyway?

I only sent my GCSES for HYMS, cos someone said they emailed them about this and they said once they receive an offer or smt they Can email it after
Original post by studybuddy1302
I only sent my GCSES for HYMS, cos someone said they emailed them about this and they said once they receive an offer or smt they Can email it after

so i should only send my GCSEs for now?
so i should only send my GCSEs for now?

I’m not rlly sure that’s what I did and I’m assuming the person that received the email did too. But maybe u should email HYMS just incase
just got rejected from edge hill rip acc felt my heart drop
Original post by dumbgirltryhard
just got rejected from edge hill rip acc felt my heart drop

oh noo keep your head up tho !!! i know its cliche and annoying to hear but please stay positive !!! you still have 3 other unis and clearly edge hill just wasnt meant for you. honestly it'll work out for you dont worry :smile:
oh noo keep your head up tho !!! i know its cliche and annoying to hear but please stay positive !!! you still have 3 other unis and clearly edge hill just wasnt meant for you. honestly it'll work out for you dont worry :smile:

I just got an interview for Anglia ruskin!!! I screamed so loud.

Rejection is redirection 😉 congrats!

When one door closes another one opens
Congrats!
Guys I'm not sure if this is a stupid question, but for those that sat the Autumn exams doesn't that mean that we don't have our A levels as they are still pending, so would that mean that it's most likely to hear back from Unis after December 17th once they know what our A levels are?
Original post by MahaC
Guys I'm not sure if this is a stupid question, but for those that sat the Autumn exams doesn't that mean that we don't have our A levels as they are still pending, so would that mean that it's most likely to hear back from Unis after December 17th once they know what our A levels are?

Unis can still give you conditional offers based on your predicated grades for the autumn exams you sat.
Original post by MahaC

If you've had your offer deferred to this year due to missing grades last year then I'd imagine you'd hear back on/after the 17th of December but if you've applied to universities for the first time this year then there's no reason why you wouldn't be receiving offers or interview invites yet.
hello, i read through Leicester’s applicant criteria, and it states that those with achieved a levels will be scored differently? like they just need AAA or A*AB and the top 7 deciles for UCAT and the GSCES and that will be guaranteed?
Original post by prolificsadness
hello, i read through Leicester’s applicant criteria, and it states that those with achieved a levels will be scored differently? like they just need AAA or A*AB and the top 7 deciles for UCAT and the GSCES and that will be guaranteed?

For an interview yes

Not many med schools have a policy like this
Original post by Abz231
For an interview yes

Not many med schools have a policy like this

thank you for your clarification! is leicester the only medical school like this

Latest

Trending

Trending