The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

University of Manchester Applicants Megathread for 2021 entry!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by chocobi
Just got an offer for Economics (BSc) :cool:

Congratulations! Did you have an interview?
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Original post by rileymoat
Congratulations! Did you have an interview?

No. I just randomly emailed the department about my application and they replied that they had checked it and also given me a conditional offer~
Original post by tipexmaster25
Does anyone know when the interviews are for biosciences, or when they send the invitations out?

I would like to know this too if anyone knows!
Received an offer for Law with International Studies on Wednesday! Very happy!
Still waiting on replies from KCL, Nottingham, Sheffield and CSSD (last one is for a BA Acting Course lol)
I have just received an interview invite for 18th November (I'm looking to read earth and planetary sciences)-- does anyone know what to expect at interview/ how to approach the interview? Any advice greatly appreciated :smile:
Hey yall, I received a conditional offer from manchester for computer science yesterday. Still waiting for UCL, Warwick, Bristol and Cambridge (have to sit the CTMUA on 5th nov)
Original post by vidyeeeet
Hey yall, I received a conditional offer from manchester for computer science yesterday. Still waiting for UCL, Warwick, Bristol and Cambridge (have to sit the CTMUA on 5th nov)

Oooh nice👍. Im thinking of putting the AI degree as one of my options. It is pretty much the same as the comp sci degree bar a few modules. If you wouldnt mind can you tell me anything about yout application, like extracurriculars, any hobby coding etc, that would be great. Well done tho.
Original post by YasiinsG
Oooh nice👍. Im thinking of putting the AI degree as one of my options. It is pretty much the same as the comp sci degree bar a few modules. If you wouldnt mind can you tell me anything about yout application, like extracurriculars, any hobby coding etc, that would be great. Well done tho.

Yes sure! Do you mind talking on some other platform though? I feel its too public here. If you're on ig dm me @vid._it
Original post by vidyeeeet
Yes sure! Do you mind talking on some other platform though? I feel its too public here. If you're on ig dm me @vid._it

hi, could i also know more about your application? Is it alright if I dm you on ig?
Original post by sweetstars
hi, could i also know more about your application? Is it alright if I dm you on ig?

Yeahh sure!!
Original post by chocobi
No. I just randomly emailed the department about my application and they replied that they had checked it and also given me a conditional offer~

Can I ask when you applied? My UCAS went through on the 08th but I haven't received an acknowledgement yet for Manchester (classical studies) 😅
Original post by Venusplants
Can I ask when you applied? My UCAS went through on the 08th but I haven't received an acknowledgement yet for Manchester (classical studies) 😅

Hi, I never received an acknowledgment email until after I received an offer. Which is a bit odd, but the offer for me came within 8 days, and then 2 weeks later I had the acknowledgment email.
Hmm I don't really wanna harass the department but maybe it's worth emailing? Super impatient ahah. I've heard they can be a bit slow though, thanks!
Original post by Venusplants
Hmm I don't really wanna harass the department but maybe it's worth emailing? Super impatient ahah. I've heard they can be a bit slow though, thanks!

If you do, I would just email to confirm that they have received your application because you have not received an acknowledgement email?
does anyone know of any group chats or Facebook groups for Manchester applicants & offer holders for 2021/22?
Reply 95
Might apply for Environmental Science or Geography. Anyone else thinking of doing similar?
Reply 96
Original post by Sophiebxx
Hi, I never received an acknowledgment email until after I received an offer. Which is a bit odd, but the offer for me came within 8 days, and then 2 weeks later I had the acknowledgment email.

Hi !
We both received an early offer (got mine on October 14th) - I am curious, what do you want to study ?
Original post by S0FT
Hi !
We both received an early offer (got mine on October 14th) - I am curious, what do you want to study ?

English literature! What are you hoping to study?
Reply 98
Original post by Sophiebxx
English literature! What are you hoping to study?

In the UK, I applied to Accounting and Finance courses.
What other unis are you considering ?
Assuming you get offers from your other 4, which place would you put Manchester ?
Original post by S0FT
In the UK, I applied to Accounting and Finance courses.
What other unis are you considering ?
Assuming you get offers from your other 4, which place would you put Manchester ?

I’ve received offers from Royal Holloway, Queen Mary, Manchester, New College of the Humanities and I’m waiting for Lancaster & Oxford. If I don’t get into Oxford, Manchester will most likely be my firm with Royal Holloway as insurance :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending