The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Manchester foundation year academic assessment

i've been invited to the university of manchester for an academic assessment maths and physics does anyone have any idea what it will be like? i was expecting an interview and they said it’s an assessment. Anyone who’s done this what are the questions like? is it hard? How do I prepare?

Scroll to see replies

my son has been invited to an online assessment too, and I can't find anything to help him prepare. Hopefully someone on here can assist.
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Original post by Posreh
i've been invited to the university of manchester for an academic assessment maths and physics does anyone have any idea what it will be like? i was expecting an interview and they said it’s an assessment. Anyone who’s done this what are the questions like? is it hard? How do I prepare?

Hi, how was it?
Original post by Posreh

Hi, what happened ?
Original post by Posreh

Have you had your aptitude assessment yet? Mine is next week be keen to know what to expect.
I've got an assesment on the 7th Feb
Original post by Chris smith6
I've got an assesment on the 7th Feb

Hi there, did you get a topic list of whats going to be in the assesment
Original post by Scarecrowe12312
Hi there, did you get a topic list of whats going to be in the assesment

Hi,

All I got in an email was it's a multiple choice assessment on maths and physics, mostly GCSE level with a couple of A level questions.
Hi,

All I got in an email was it's a multiple choice assessment on maths and physics, mostly GCSE level with a couple of A level questions.

Did they give you guidance on what to revise for ?
Original post by Scarecrowe12312
Did they give you guidance on what to revise for ?

No, they said not to try and revise as this is not an entrance exam and is to test a students applitude and see what areas they are strong and weak at.

So I'd say just try and nail down anything you're particularly weak on maths/physics wise.
(edited 3 months ago)
Original post by Joelahopkins
Have you had your aptitude assessment yet? Mine is next week be keen to know what to expect.

How did it go? Got mine next week
No, they said not to try and revise as this is not an entrance exam and is to test a students applitude and see what areas they are strong and weak at.

So I'd say just try and nail down anything you're particularly weak on maths/physics wise.

Hi, Could you please please give me an idea of the topics that came up?? Thank you!
Reply 12
Original post by Anonymous #1
my son has been invited to an online assessment too, and I can't find anything to help him prepare. Hopefully someone on here can assist.

Hi, Could you please please give me an idea of the topics that came up?? Thank you!
Original post by Anonymous #4

They don't give you any, it's non-calculator and gcse level for the most part with a couple of A level questions in there
They don't give you any, it's non-calculator and gcse level for the most part with a couple of A level questions in there

Have you done the test??
Original post by Anonymous #4
Have you done the test??

It's not till next week, I'll let you know if I can. I say that just because it seems odd nobody responds back to that question.
It's not till next week, I'll let you know if I can. I say that just because it seems odd nobody responds back to that question.

Ty so much. I haven’t done gcse maths and physics in like 4 years now, so I would really appreciate if you could give me a heads up on the topics that come up ( so I can revise )
Reply 17
what foundation course is this for?
Original post by george06
what foundation course is this for?

Electrical and Electronic Engineering
Electrical and Electronic Engineering

Hey Chris,

Have you done the assessment yet?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending