The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Official University of Manchester Offer Holders Thread for 2024 entry

Hello everyone, welcome to the official discussion thread for students who have gotten an offer from University of Manchester for 2024 entry! You can chat with other offer holders, and see if you can find someone who could be in your class next year <3! also, let us know what A Levels/other qualifications you are taking and the course you applied for!! :smile:

Click here to join other university offer holder threads!
(edited 1 month ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I have received an offer for Computer Science 2024 entry 3A* offer with at an A* in Maths and the other two in Chemistry, Further Maths, Physics, Biology or Computer Science.

I am predicted 5 A* in Maths, Further Maths, Computer Science and Chemistry and EPQ. If none of my universities offer me a place that has an EPQ requirement, I will most likely drop it.
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 2
hiii i have an offer for economics BA and studying Econ, Geography & French @ A-Level! lmk if anyone else is planning to study econ there too<33
Original post by user93_
hiii i have an offer for economics BA and studying Econ, Geography & French @ A-Level! lmk if anyone else is planning to study econ there too<33

Hi, i sent my application for economics and finance on Friday last week. When did you send off your ucas application and what predicted grades do you have?
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, i sent my application for economics and finance on Friday last week. When did you send off your ucas application and what predicted grades do you have?

hiii i sent it on the 19th and predicted 3A*s
Reply 5
Original post by user93_

19th of october sorry😭
Original post by user93_

Well done...where else have you applied and have you heard anything else back?
Reply 7
Well done...where else have you applied and have you heard anything else back?

thank you!
i also applied to lse, leeds, st andrews and nottingham but haven’t received anything else 😕 hopefully soon
where else have u applied to also?
&good luck :smile:
Original post by user93_
thank you!
i also applied to lse, leeds, st andrews and nottingham but haven’t received anything else 😕 hopefully soon
where else have u applied to also?
&good luck :smile:

I think a lot of them wait until after January to start replying...I've applied to Leeds, Birmingham, Sheffield and Warwick.
Hey everyone! I've got an ABB offer from Manchester to do BA Linguistics and Spanish. I submitted on the 12th October and got my offer on the 26th. (I've also received the same offer/entry requirements at Sheffield and Liverpool so far) 😀 How's everyone doing? Manchester is probably my firm choice if I don't get accepted into Cambridge, but I won't find out until the end of January.
Reply 10
I just got 2 offers to study economics and finance and just finance and i applied 2 days ago😊
(edited 5 months ago)
Original post by Rii.05
I just got 2 offers to study economics and finance and just finance and i applied 2 days ago😊

same, did you get AAA?
Reply 12
same, did you get AAA?

I gottt A*AA
Original post by Castrovalva
Hey everyone! I've got an ABB offer from Manchester to do BA Linguistics and Spanish. I submitted on the 12th October and got my offer on the 26th. (I've also received the same offer/entry requirements at Sheffield and Liverpool so far) 😀 How's everyone doing? Manchester is probably my firm choice if I don't get accepted into Cambridge, but I won't find out until the end of January.

Omg same but not for Spanish 😭 I have an ABB offer for Arabic studies and it’s probably my second choice after Cambridge!! I’m so nervous about the Cambridge process 😕
Original post by Rii.05
I gottt A*AA

I mean did you get an offer of AAA?
Reply 15
Original post by Anonymous #1
I mean did you get an offer of AAA?

yeah i did unfortunately
Original post by Rii.05
yeah i did unfortunately

why unfortunately?
Original post by Anonymous #2
Omg same but not for Spanish 😭 I have an ABB offer for Arabic studies and it’s probably my second choice after Cambridge!! I’m so nervous about the Cambridge process 😕

Aaaaaa good luck! I'd have loved to have done Spanish and Arabic at Cambridge but I forgot to apply for Asian and Middle Eastern Studies 😬 What are you applying for at Cambridge? Good luck with the upcoming exam!
Thank you and good luck to you too!! Thankfully there is no Cambridge admission exam for Asian and Middle Eastern studies, just the interview 😬. I’m applying for AMES at Newnham college, what about you? Is there an admissions test?
Reply 19
Hello everyone. I got an offer for Comp Sci. with AAA. I took Maths(FM is included since I'm an int'l and don't take A levels), Comp Sci., Physics , Chemistry and English al with A* ( after converting my grades into A levels)
(edited 5 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending