The Student Room Group

Conventional Current query?

Am I right in saying that the Conventional Current is overall current of protons, electrons and ions from positive to negative terminals of a circuit, and that electron flow is from negative to positive terminal?
I'm trying to simplify the differences in current and electron flow, since current is often called electron flow.
Am I right in saying that the Conventional Current is overall current of protons, electrons and ions from positive to negative terminals of a circuit, and that electron flow is from negative to positive terminal?
I'm trying to simplify the differences in current and electron flow, since current is often called electron flow but I believe the reason above is why they're not the same.
Original post by tia.mallinder
I'm trying to simplify the differences in current and electron flow, since current is often called electron flow.

In most circuits (metal wires, resistors etc), it's a flow of electrons from negative to positive battery terminals.

Quick Reply

Latest