The Student Room Group

ucas application

Hi, I'm filling out the education section of my application and just wondered if I have to list a college I attended for 2 months? I didn't get any qualifications there
no, just education institutions that you have recieved qualifications and grades from
Original post by kkaaaaa
Hi, I'm filling out the education section of my application and just wondered if I have to list a college I attended for 2 months? I didn't get any qualifications there

When you say college do you mean a university for a bachelors/undergrad course?
Original post by ladyof_neptune9
no, just education institutions that you have recieved qualifications and grades from

You do have to list incomplete uni study even if no qualification was awarded.
Original post by Admit-One

but they are talking about college, not university

if they are applying for ucas, that means they’re applying for university and currently in college/sixthform
but they are talking about college, not university

Several countries refer to universities as colleges. That’s why I’ve asked them to clarify. I’m just pointing out that what you said isn’t universally true.
Reply 7
When you say college do you mean a university for a bachelors/undergrad course?

sorry for the confusion, I mean college for a level studies
Original post by kkaaaaa
sorry for the confusion, I mean college for a level studies

In that case for 2 months I wouldn’t bother listing it. If you were there for longer it would be worthwhile including so you didn’t have a gap in your education history, (which would probably have been queried).
if they are applying for ucas, that means they’re applying for university and currently in college/sixthform

No, lots of people enquire about applying whilst enrolled at another uni. Just because they’re applying via UCAS doesn’t tell us this.
Several countries refer to universities as colleges. That’s why I’ve asked them to clarify. I’m just pointing out that what you said isn’t universally true.

but the title is ucas application, and ucas is generally a UK system. so i’m not talking about universally i’m talking about the Ucas system which is what we in the UK use
but the title is ucas application, and ucas is generally a UK system. so i’m not talking about universally i’m talking about the Ucas system which is what we in the UK use

People from other countries apply through UCAS to UK universities, and people at UK universities currently apply through UCAS to other UK universities.

Both categories are so common we get dozens of threads every year about them on TSR - and there's a whole sticky thread for transfer queries, and a whole international lounge forum for international students studying in the UK to chat in about general things.

The applications & UCAS forum caters to those students as well. It's only queries about students (UK or otherwise) wanting to study at universities outside of the UK which don't sit in here (they go to the international study forum instead :smile: ).
(edited 4 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending